Regulatory Policy Specialist
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Work directly with senior management to develop regulatory case filings and strategies that support the company’s strategic goals and objectives. Consult with subject matter experts throughout the company to develop filings and strategies consistent with company goals. Communicate and work effectively with regulatory case management teams to ensure filings consistent with strategies. Prepare supporting testimony in regulatory proceedings, administrative rulemaking and legislative hearings as necessary. Coordinate regulatory compliance activities in assigned jurisdictions.
- Responsible for the development, compilation and editing of regulatory case filings. Provide clear written explanations of complex issues. Applying regulatory experience, understand and identify key facts in order to develop effective messages. Responsible for ensuring documents created are concise and well-organized. Also responsible for ensuring these documents conform to the style, tone and formatting conventions as part of standardized, consistent approach to regulatory filings. Demonstrates technical expertise by maintaining a thorough understanding of the regulatory structure of Xcel Energy companies and the regulatory environment in which we operate. Responsible for advocating the company’s positions with regulators and stakeholders in a variety of forums (e.g. regulatory proceedings, administrative rulemakings, legislative hearings, etc.).
- Develop, compile and edit large, complex filings. Support multiple projects while delivering high quality work product. Ensure proper controls of documents are maintained; soliciting and screening feedback from stakeholders to incorporate as appropriate. Communicate (written and oral) regularly with senior management and internal customers to ensure awareness of current regulatory case filings and issues that impact the company. Work directly with senior management throughout the company to develop and promote regulatory and legislative policy positions. Work effectively with regulatory case management teams to ensure filings are consistent and production of work is efficient. Work and write in a time constrained environment.
- Assist with the drafting of discovery responses. Applying regulatory experience, evaluate responses for effectiveness in responding to the question presented. Ensure appropriate context consistent with the company’s request.
- Responsible for the development of key messages for presentations to external regulatory agencies and legislative committees. Responsible for the development of presentations for internal audiences. Work in partnership across the business area and teams to achieve results.
- Assist witnesses in development of pre-filed testimony.
- Five to seven years or equivalent experience in regulatory field.
- Specific experience in dealing with regulatory filings required.
- Occasional overnight travel and extensive overtime required.
- Must be proficient in use MS Office Suite.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Learn more here
Posting Notes: CO – Denver || CO – Denver || United States (US) || Public Service Company || 70457:PSCo Regulatory Administration || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 23783
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posted: 2020-06-02