Regulatory Program Manager
Does working for a fast paced, growing company that is making a difference in our environment excite you? Do you have a passion for making our environment better for this generation and the ones that follow? If you’re excited about career growth, group volunteering, and the occasional ping pong after hours, then this is the job for you. Let’s make a difference together. Join our team!
Nexamp is seeking an experienced Regulatory Program Manager at our Boston office who will secure and maintain incentive qualifications for our solar assets. The Regulatory Program Manager will coordinate with Nexamp’s Development teams to submit all project-specific regulatory applications to ensure project incentives and satisfy regulatory requirements. The Regulatory Program Manager will maintain these applications in good standing as required by program rules in coordination with the Business Development and Asset Management teams. As part of this role the Regulatory Program Manager will serve as the interface between Nexamp and the applicable program administrators through the lifetime of a project’s participation in incentive programs. They will also support the Asset Management team in recognizing revenue from these programs to ensure the financial health of our solar assets.
You are perfect for this job if you…
- Have a passion for renewable energy and battery storage
- Are a policy wonk with a particular interest in implementation
- Are self-motivated and can work independently
- Can juggle multiple priorities without missing deadlines
- Are willing to go the extra mile to find the answer to questions others cannot find
- Research and understand regulatory requirements for Solar and Storage projects
- Identify specific program requirements, incentives and potential pitfalls in new markets
- Successfully submit solar and storage applications to state regulatory programs
- Maintain in good standing all regulatory qualifications for our projects
- Coordinate between our developers and asset managers to achieve optimal regulatory outcomes for our projects
- Be a resource to answer policy questions for developers and asset managers
- Be an active participant in policy implementation discussions at the state and local level
- Maintain a flawless record of state and federal reporting for our projects
- Confirm and optimize revenues from regulatory programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Policy or related subject matter preferred.
- 2+ years of renewable program experience in Massachusetts, New York or Illinois
- A proven track record of implementing process improvements and driving change in a growing organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to track deadlines.
- Polished verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Technical writing or paralegal experience preferred.
- Proven ability to coordinate between multiple business units or organizations
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- General understanding of Solar Development, Design, Finance and Construction.
PERKS & COMPENSATION
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, you will also have access to all the benefits that Nexamp Offers. This includes: our competitive compensation package; a 401 (k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance with company contribution; Open Paid Time Off and Company Holidays; Commuter Benefits and Cell Phone Reimbursement; as well as a Fun, Collaborative, Downtown Office Environment! We provide healthy snacks, coffee, in-office yoga sessions, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!
NEXAMP VALUES AND MISSION
Building the future of energy so it is clean, simple and accessible
Nexamp is building the energy infrastructure of tomorrow and reinventing the way people interact with the electricity that powers their lives. By deploying a distributed network of locally sourced clean energy, we seek to reduce the negative effects of climate change. Our team’s diverse experience drives innovation from the ground up and with a singular passion: to deliver an accessible and sustainable energy future for all.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-04