Regulatory & Public Affairs Counsel
Regulatory & Public Affairs Counsel (English)
Eurofiber is a fast-growing telecom player. We connect companies, governments, cities and economies with each other. We achieve this with the help of our own open fiber-optic network, IP services and data centers, with which we offer our clients future-proof cloud and connectivity solutions. We have been at the forefront of innovation, helping our customers fully exploit the potential of digitization since 2000.
Our more than 500 employees are all experts in their respective fields. With this relatively small but rapidly growing team, we develop and operate a digital infrastructure that plays a vital role in our economy and society.
Eurofiber has a fiber optic network of 36,000 kilometers in the Benelux and northern France, and an additional 40 kilometers are added each week. We have 8 data centers of our own and offer solutions for fully flexible interaction between more than 70 data centers. In this manner, we are building the ‘lifeline for the digital society’ and contributing to the future of our society.
Job description in brief
Are you passionate about innovation in the digital & communication industry? Are you looking for a new challenge in a growing, fast-paced technology company? Apply and join Eurofiber’s Legal & Regulatory department.
We are looking for talented and motivated Regulatory & Public Affairs Counsel to support our rapidly evolving business, and advocate with governments and local administrations about Eurofiber’s business & policies in the French speaking regions of Belgium.
As a member of Eurofiber’s Legal & Regulatory Affairs team (reporting to the Legal & Regulatory Affairs Manager in Belgium), you’ll combine creativity and intellectual excellence with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Eurofiber to open doors with governments at federal, regional and local level and to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction.
In this role, you will build positive relations between Eurofiber and the local political and regulatory environment, drive favorable regulatory policy and improve Eurofiber’s reputation in the relevant region. You will address regulatory developments relevant for our business, including external outreach to policy makers on proposed legislation and working with trade associations and third parties to allow Eurofiber to reach its goals.
You will be instrumental to lead the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Eurofiber leaders, you will identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders.
Your responsibilities in a brief summary are:
- Engage with Belgian French speaking governments, policymakers and authorities at various levels, industry players and key opinion formers to support policies that will help create/maintain space for Eurofiber to operate.
- Develop and share position papers, contributions & messages, and lead public policy campaigns across the policy areas that impact Eurofiber, including responses to consultations conducted by regulatory authorities;
- Support sales enablement, service delivery and partner with other teams. Engage with internal stakeholders to help ensure that our products and services address expectations of regulatory authorities.
- Build a network of trade associations, industry partners, non-profit groups and others to support the formation of policies that will help create/maintain a regulatory environment that is friendly for Eurofiber.
- Advise on key telecom, infrastructure, privacy, data governance, and security, related issues, as well as on regulatory matters on important industry verticals such as public sector.
This role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to join a collaborative, tight-knit team that is leading exciting and pioneering cross-border initiatives as part of a business that is laying the fundaments of digital innovation.
- You have obtained a Master in Law, Politic or Economics;
- 10-20 years working experience working on policy policy issues in Belgium, either with government, public institutions or in-house corporate policy function
- Ability to fluently speak and write in French and English; Dutch is a plus;
- Experience with policy issues and political dynamics is a must; Experience in matters such as telecommunication regulatory framework, public procurement, privacy/data governance, and ICT industry are a plus;
- Solid network of strategic relationships in Belgium, both a federal level as well as regional level;
- Ability to develop creative solutions and implement plans, to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, and to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams;
- Initiative, decisiveness and creative thinking, as well as a desire to be challenged;
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple and varying mission-critical projects at once, and to follow through and meet deadlines
- Common sense and a good sense of humor.
What do we offer?
We offer you the chance to step into the Eurofiber success story and give your career an extra boost. In addition, you can expect an attractive salary package with a car, various training opportunities and a flexible work schedule.
Does this profile match your knowledge and experience? Do you want to be a part of Eurofiber’s success story? Then send your CV
Apply via link below with resume in ENG/FR
Job posted: 2021-07-17