Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Regulatory & Quality Affairs Analyst I
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We’re bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus (www.Covetrus.com) has more than 5,000 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the globe.
SUMMARY: The Regulatory & Quality Analyst ensures that the company has access to pharmaceutical and controlled substance products for our customers while protecting against fraud, deception and unsafe practices in the distribution, handling and use of these products. Assists in ensuring that the company is compliant with all federal and state laws for all products distributed. Will be responsible for communicating with both internal and external customers. The Analyst will support the Customer Compliance team within the Regulatory Affairs & Quality Department.
HOURS: 10am-7pm EST required
Remote work available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs research on regulatory related topics
- Maintains awareness and understanding of regulatory industry and applies regulations as appropriate
- Interprets regulatory rules or rule changes and ensure that they are communicated throughout company policies and procedures
- Evaluates and resolves product compliance issues with internal and external customers
- Assists Customer Compliance team with their daily tasks, which include updating licensing in internal system, new customer account setup, resolving order issues, communication with state licensing boards, etc.
- Evaluates and escalates major issues to manager
- Assists and oversees the maintenance of regulatory record keeping and systems
- Organizes information and documentation /systems to ensure completeness and ease of use
- Adheres to timelines and milestones set by supervisor/manager
- Provides metric data in areas of responsibilities/tasks
- Identifies and develops Standard Operation Procedures/Working Instructions associated to area of responsibility
- Understands Federal and State regulations including DEA, FDA and state boards of pharmacy
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business requirements
- Performs all other duties as required
- High school diploma required. Preference for an Associate’s Degree and/or Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Health Administration, Animal Health, Business, Nursing, Pharmacy, Microbiology.
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years of work related experience with exposure to a regulatory environment.
- Ability to follow stated processes and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to identify potential problems
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-24