Regulatory Relations FERC Senior Advocate
Join the Clean Energy RevolutionBecome a Regulatory Relations FERC Senior Advocate at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll be responsible for representing SCE on key federal regulatory issues governing the electricity industry, including company goals for a clean energy future. You’ll coordinate officer-level and staff level engagements before federal governmental and regulatory agencies, as well as at industry trade associations and other external stakeholders. You will interact directly with the company’s senior leadership, and regulatory agency staff, advisors and Commissioners.
As a FERC Senior Advocate, your work will help shape nationwide policy to power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Join us as we take on the challenge to help build the future!
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
This position will engage with internal and external stakeholders on company priorities, including electric transmission interconnection, utility cost allocation, and transmission planning policy; transmission investment incentive policies, energy market policy, electric reliability standards, and hydropower issues. It also will monitor regulatory developments before the California Independent System Operator (CAISO) to engage with stakeholders on issues for potential alignment, lead the preparation of briefing materials for officer meetings with CAISO and coordinate with business partners on such meetings. The position will:
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures to ensure organizational awareness of regulatory and relevant legislative issues.
- Monitor regulatory and/or legislative meetings and developments and interact with internal and external partners to strategize, advocate, and advance the company’s position and interests before federal regulatory and other government agencies.
- Review and analyze key regulatory meetings, hearings, technical conferences, workshops, testimonies, statements, and decisions to identify the economic, operational, and strategic impact on the company.
- The position will stay on the forefront of political and regulatory developments, and represent the needs of SCE to achieve the goals and exemplify the characteristics of a high performing organization.
- The position will work closely with company leadership to develop and drive strategies to achieve key corporate policy initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Public Administration, Communications, Business, Engineering, Economics, or related field or Law degree
- Ten years of experience in regulatory affairs, or communications arenas in which duties include policy analysis, advocacy and/or written and verbal communication with elected officials and staff.
- At least 5 years of experience or understanding of energy industry.
- Advanced degree – Master’s, JD, MBA in such fields as Political Science, Public Policy, Public Administration, Communications, Business, or Economics.
- Experience interfacing effectively with external stakeholders, regulatory agency staff, corporate officers, and all levels of management.
- Experience implementing and monitoring multi-year strategic plans to promote advocacy.
- Experience working in high volume, high pressure situations, with an emphasis on policy and project management.
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. For information guides, please reference Test 8203 Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
- Relocation may apply.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.
Job posted: 2021-11-09