Digital technology has forever changed business. Now, it’s transforming tax. As governments go digital, financial systems and traditional tax software can’t keep up. And, businesses now face escalating risk and mounting compliance costs. Sovos was built for the digital future of tax, with complete, connected offerings for tax determination, continuous transaction control compliance, tax reporting and more. The company supports more than 8,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 500, operating in over 70 countries. Its SaaS products and proprietary Sovos S1 Platform integrate with a wide variety of business applications and government compliance processes.
Our employees throughout North America, Latin America and Europe are building the future of global compliance software. We want you to build your future with us.
The Work You’ll Do
A Regulatory Specialist links Sovos’s word-class regulatory expertise with tax technology necessary to manage global tax compliance necessities. They do so by applying a disciplined and systematic approach to the development, delivery and maintenance of tax compliance software. They work with others across the business to gather customer needs and develop compliance solutions that bring enormous value to our customers. They use technical expertise to develop and test tax forms and create compliance solutions that adhere to the established processes and procedures. The Technical Specialist will grow into a subject matter expert who will often provide valuable insights to their cross-functional colleagues. By conducting this research and keeping our products current and compliant, you will make an important impact on our over 4,500 client base, which includes over half of the Fortune 500.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and test solutions, including new and evolving tax forms, that enable clients to use Sovos’s VAT forms software and meet their periodic tax compliance needs
- Document form updates for both internal and external stakeholders
- Partner with forms researchers, product owners and other colleagues to ensure our compliance solutions are accurate and usable
- Participate on cross functional teams as needed, and provide subject-matter expertise related to form building in the software
- Create deliverables that meet customer needs, and are maintainable, supportable, and compliant
- Actively participate in initiatives to improve processes and procedures
- Explain complex tax rules in clear language for tax and non-tax professionals both internally and externally
- Develop and foster professional relationships with high-level tax administrators around the globe
- Research and investigate client inquiries regarding the tax-ability of specific transactions under applicable state or national law and then provide a clear and detailed reply, either written or verbally based on the circumstances
What We Need From You
- Technical background (e.g. coursework in computer science)
- Strong grasp of Microsoft Excel formulas and macros
- Able to effectively manage multiple work assignments and projects
- Able to successfully troubleshoot and problem solve with both internal and remote users
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL a plus
- Interest in researching tax or legal subjects a plus
What Does Sovos Offer You?
The tools to grow your career both personally and professionally:
Did you know that over 30% of our employees experienced a promotion or job change In FY2019? That’s because growth Is serious business here at Sovos, and we have the programs In place to make sure of it, including:
- Mentoring Programs and Rotational Opportunities
- Management Bootcamps and Development Trainings
- Yearly performance reviews where compensation and performance are assessed and rewarded generously
- Clear paths for growth within our roles (but we know that career development can be like a spider web, not a ladder – we give you the tools to move outside of your career as well!)
The tools to enhance your life – because we want you to enjoy your life outside of work
- MyTime flexible time off (no worrying about accruing time or running out of sick days – If you need time off, take It!)
- Paid family leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous 401k match
- Progressive Wellness Program
- Company seeded and matched Health Savings Account
Are you worried that you don’t check all of the boxes? Apply anyway! There are no perfect candidates – we hire people, not resumes. We are excited that you’re here and we look forward to taking a look at your application to determine next steps.
Sovos is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-11