Reimbursement and Government Affairs Manager
Join us today and make a difference in people’s lives!
As a global leader in neuromodulation, our advanced solutions have made significant contributions to the world of neurology. We strive to advance patient care through the insightful application of innovative technologies. As pioneers of the VNS (Vagus Nerve Stimulation) Therapy® system, we continue to advance medical device solutions for people affected by treatment-resistant epilepsy, depression, heart failure, and other chronic disorders. We collaborate with top researchers, partners, and experienced clinicians to enhance solutions, improve patient outcomes, and achieve physician satisfaction by providing safe and effective treatment options that positively impact the quality of life.
The Reimbursement and Government Affairs Specialist’s primary role is to remove access to care barriers for internal and external customers. This position is crucial in maintaining and expanding access to care by solving coverage and payment issues for a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Regularly interact and partner with a diverse audience including: CEO, CFO, COO, CMO, Revenue Cycle Director, OR Business Director, and Perioperative Surgical Services Director.
- Monitor State Medicaid policies applicable to LivaNova products to maintain access to care through adequate reimbursement.
- Secure coverage and payment for LivaNova products at individual state Medicaid agencies
- Provide reimbursement assistance to new and existing LivaNova customers.
- Develop and implement reimbursement strategies and economic value plans to support physician and facility customers by identifying opportunities to partner with hospitals regarding the economics of LivaNova therapies and programs.
- Lead regional health care economic and reimbursement education for internal (sales and sales management) and external (hospitals, physicians, payers, etc.) stakeholders.
- Inform and educate internal/external stakeholders on the impact of health policy and changes; including, ACA, MACRA, ACOs, value-based purchasing, and technology assessment.
- Collaborate with Commercial Leadership Team in the development, implementation, and management of strategic initiatives within targeted accounts and geography.
- Conduct hospital economic reviews to include denied claims, claims appeals processing, coding error identification and education. Collect and track hospital reviews to monitor and improve access to care.
- Create and implement strategic action plans to overcome access issues to LivaNova products.
- Proactively identify potential areas of business development with payer and hospital systems.
- This position may require extensive business travel of 50% or more of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred (MBA, PhD, PharmD)
- A minimum of 5 years in a sales, marketing or reimbursement role, or managed care in a medical device or pharmaceutical company.
- A minimum of 3 years in a Reimbursement role, working with government and commercial payers including State Medicaid is highly preferred.
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time.
- Strong work ethics.
- Demonstrated success in troubleshooting, especially related to reimbursement issues.
- Ability to work independently and with limited direction.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with customers at all levels within and outside the organization.
If you have an outgoing personality, love to be a part of disruptive ideas and can work well with ambitious entrepreneurs that move at a rapid pace then this is the position for you.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
LivaNova values equality and celebrates diversity. We are committed to ensuring that our recruitment process is fair, transparent and free from unlawful discrimination.
Our selection process is driven by the key demands/requirements for the role rather than bias or discrimination on the basis of a candidate’s sex, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job-related disability/handicap or medical condition, family status, sexual orientation, religion, color, ethnicity, race or any other legally protected classification.
Background Checks at LivaNova:
Upon successful completion of the hiring process an offer may be extended. Please note, LivaNova reserves the right to conduct background investigations and/or reference checks on all its potential employees, where permitted by local legislation. This offer therefore, is contingent upon a clearance of such a background investigation and/or reference check, and can be rescinded, where permitted by local legislation, based upon data received in the background check and/or refusal to cooperate with or any attempt to affect the results of this check. This process is not currently valid in Germany.
Notice to third party agencies:
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, we will not consider, or agree to, payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event that a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Are you looking for a meaningful career?
Whether you work in Research & Development, Sales, HR or another supporting function, you will be part of a company that is truly transforming medical innovation into meaningful solutions and ultimately into healthier, better lives for our patients. That is why we are always looking to hire passionate, committed people, with the right technical backgrounds and business acumen, to deliver on our mission of improving the lives of our patients around the world.
Learn more here
Join LivaNova and help us deliver health innovation that matters.
Job posted: 2020-07-02