Remote Communications Specialist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Create and edit a wide variety of unique internal communications materials with tailored messages based on analyses of target audiences and business objectives.
– These materials may include executive memos, corporate policies, corporate department campaigns and announcements, and global employee communications.
– Collaborate with other departments to ensure that internal communications are clear and meet corporate brand standards.
– Analyze accessibility and usability of corporate intranet platforms and identify areas to streamline.
– Create and edit a wide variety of unique external communications materials with tailored messages based on analyses of target audiences and business objectives.
– These materials may include press and media alerts, prepared statements and messaging for public relations and crisis communications, blog and website content.
– Advise management on strategies to leverage communications materials in a manner that helps achieve business objectives.
– Conduct a brand adherence check for all marketing materials (advertisements, sell sheets, success stories and other marketing pieces) across all business lines and geographies.
– Provide feedback to marketing teams so that future pieces meet corporate guidelines.
– Help support corporate public relations strategies to increase the visibility of MAXIMUS subject matter experts, to include executive leadership.
– This includes working with and managing public relations firms, identifying opportunities for exposure and making recommendations to management, developing messaging, and creating media kits and developing relationships with relevant media.
– Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
– Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience.
– May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
– Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope & complexity.
– General application of concepts & principles.
– Contributes to the completion of organizational projects & goals.
– Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
– Applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
– Communicates on complex or sensitive issues or drafts such responses for supervisor or manager.
Job posted: 2021-01-27