Remote Director of Government Affairs
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT OCHIN!
OCHIN is dedicated to creating a healthier future in every community. Our Health IT solutions improve the integration and delivery of health care services across a wide variety of practices—with an emphasis on safety net clinics and small practices.
Here at OCHIN, our goal is simple: to provide solutions that promote access to quality, affordable health care for all. OCHIN believes that each individual, no matter their background or zip code, should have fair opportunity to achieve their full health potential. Our work addresses differences in health that are systemic, avoidable, and unjust. This mission sets us apart from other health technology organizations.
Over the last 20 years, we’ve grown from a small start-up to one of the nation’s largest and most successful Health Information Networks. We are curious, collaborative learners who strive to live our values everyday: leadership, collaboration, excellence, innovation, inclusion and stewardship. At OCHIN we partner, learn, innovate, and advocate in order to close the gap in health for individuals and communities negatively impacted by structural, unconscious, or overt inequities.
As the Director of Government Affairs you will lead OCHIN’s priority initiatives, make recommendations, and develop action plans for the organization’s legislative and policy issues. Reporting to the EVP of Government Relations, this highly visible role will be an essential in helping establish policy for the organization and OCHIN members. The Director, Policy & Government Relations also serves as a Government Affairs/Public Affairs liaison to all internal departments, community organizations, government agencies and public officials.
- Works with the OCHIN leadership to identify priority legislative and policy issues for the OCHIN. Partners with EVP Government Relation to design and implement short and long term government affairs and public affairs priorities aligned with OCHIN strategic plan.
- Monitors legislation and policy activities, updates and advises OCHIN leadership and staff about relevant policy proposals and actions, and works with OCHIN staff to analyze potential impacts on the OCHIN. Communicates with the OCHIN community to inform them of relevant government issues.
- Assures that projects are consistent with OCHIN policy and that the OCHIN’s limited resources are deployed appropriately.
- Provides ongoing leadership and project management, oversee progress on implementation. Provides technical assistance to OCHIN staff on government relations issues.
- Will translate complex issues into written and verbal policy briefs and white papers and summaries for the organizations.
- Collaborates with Executive Leadership on problem solving of key issues as they arise.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with community organizations, residents, business community, non-profit organizations, and government agencies as a representative of OCHIN.
- Advises the OCHIN Senior Leadership team on progress in policy areas and developing events.
- Represents the EVP of Government Affairs/OCHIN at key events and public meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, planning, finance, economics, public administration, and/or a related field required.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible work involving policy and issues analysis in areas such community health centers, VBP models, 340B programs, health information technology, telehealth and broadband.
- Excellent communicator (written, verbal and visual) with the ability to successfully communicate with a wide range of roles and personalities, both written and spoken
- Exemplary project management skills with a high degree of accountability and organization
- Proven success in internal and external relationship management with all levels of expertise
Work Location and Travel Requirements
- This position is 100% remote. Work from home requirements are:
- Ability to work independently and efficiently from a home office environment
- High Speed Internet Service
- It is a requirement that employees work in a distraction free workplace
- Travel may be required based on business requirements.
We offer a comprehensive range of benefits. See our website for details: https://ochin.org/employment-openings
Equal Opportunity Statement
OCHIN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills for the benefit of our staff, our mission, and the communities we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, OCHIN, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital or civil union status, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics. All aspects of employment are based on merit, performance, and business needs.
Job posted: 2020-08-27