Representative Government Relations Senior
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
The Government Relations Representative must be able to accurately assess both technical and public issues, represent project positions, assists the General Manager’s Staff, and enhance government relations. Specific responses are essential. The Government Relations Representative must also be able to effectively communicate at all levels of both government and the organization.
- Represents the Salt River Project with federal, state and local elected officials.
- Assists the General Manager and the General Manager’s Staff in developing positions having governmental impact.
- Represents western utilities, natural resources organizations with various national public service organizations.
- Informs project decision makers about developing trends in government that will impact them.
- Coordinates comments on state and federal actions.
- Represents Salt River Project with administrative agencies at the federal, state and local level.
- Represents Salt River Project on governmental issues with the community.
- Develops and presents testimony in the public forum.
- Aids in processing, formulating and developing public policy within Salt River Project.
- Researches and analyzes technical reports for policy implications on public power and western water interests.
- Response to direct requests for special assistance from key political and executive leaders at the various governmental levels.
- Design, assists and coordinates strategic responses to current issues with long-range impacts for the project.
Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Five years experience in related field where face-to-face communication regarding highly sensitive issues is required on a regular basis at staff executive level in federal or state government..
1. Knowledge of the public process founded in experience.
2. Advanced written and oral communication skills.
3. Proven organizational and managerial ability.
4. Demonstrated diplomacy in handling sensitive issues and in conducting specific Project business.
5. Substantial recognition as a credible/responsible representative in public circles.
6. Capability in pursuing and addressing controversial public and project policies.
7. Political acumen.
8. Understanding of federal, state and local regulatory and technical process.
9. Knowledge of Salt River Project water and power operations so as to synthesize technical reports and documents into overall policies.
Requisition ID: 12115
EOE – Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law.
Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP’s success is rooted in our employees’ happiness, health and safety. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-11