Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
The Potomac Institute for Policy Studies is currently inviting applications from mid-to-senior career professionals from diverse backgrounds including academia, industry, military, and government. Ideal candidates will have a technical background, Masters degree required, Ph.D., preferred, and government or military experience.
Candidates must be capable of technical assessment and analysis and be able to communicate well with government customers and non-technical audiences. Selected candidates will be responsible for managing multiple projects at once, including budgets and personnel. This position will require deep thinking about the impacts of emerging sciences and technologies and the ability to provide policy recommendations based on thoughtful analysis. Candidates must feel comfortable thinking outside the box and making bold policy recommendations.
The Potomac Institute for Policy Studies is an independent, non-partisan, not-for-profit, science and technology policy think tank and research institute. The Institute identifies and aggressively shepherds discussion on key science, technology, and national security issues facing our society, providing in particular, an academic forum for the study of related policy issues. From these discussions and forums, we develop meaningful policy options and ensure their implementation at the intersection of business and government. The Potomac Institute offices are located in the Ballston area of Arlington, Virginia.
- Lead and direct multi-disciplinary teams, set project standards and monitor progress, and communicate interim and final results
- Ensure that briefings, written reports, and other products meet the Institute’s standard for quality and objectivity
- Manage a budget, customer interaction and all deliverables assigned to the team
- Mentor junior staff members to ensure they’re conducting rigorous research and analysis and help them develop professionally to achieve their future goals
- Collaborate and assist the Institute with internal report writing and other necessary think tank projects
- 5-10 years of experience in managing programs, proposal writing, and working alongside government officials
- Master’s degree required, Ph.D., preferred in a scientific field
- Excellent analytical skills, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- A strong commitment to the Institute’s mission
- A reputation for excellence in policy research and deep knowledge of the policy environment through experience in government, military, or academia
- Must be proactive and a self-starter with a track record of organizational management success, including the ability to build and maintain client relationships
- US Citizen
- Must be eligible to hold a security clearance
Please submit a cover letter, resume via BambooHR and complete an application for employment located at: https://www.potomacinstitute.org/Employment/employment-2/
*Staff is currently working remote due to COVID-19 so immediate relocation is not necessary for employment
Job posted: 2022-11-15