Research Analyst (Public Relations)
Our analytics team is hiring a research analyst. Do you enjoy telling stories through data? Interested in solving client challenges with data? In this role you will be hands on in synthesizing data and research trends to develop strategic insights which become the foundation communications program.
About the Job
- Assist in the collection of data across a variety of methodologies (e.g. Social listening, digital analytics, secondary/third-party data, primary survey research, etc.)
- Aggregate and analyze large and diverse data sets to develop strategic insights that will become the foundation for communications programming and new business pitches
- Develop well written and visually appealing reports/PowerPoint presentations that depict key data findings in a clear and concise manner
- Evaluate results of marketing and communications programs
- Proficient in using Excel, including creating pivot tables, and PowerPoint
- Ability to succeed and feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a positive attitude, eager to learn new research methodologies and analytics tools
- Must have an eye for detail
- Ability to work efficiently through multiple platforms (email, IM, in-person) and with colleagues in various time zones across the West Coast, Midwest, East Coast and London
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; relevant courses or field of study preferably in Marketing, Business, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Communications/Public Relations, Public Affairs/Policy Studies or related field
- Aptitude to translate trends, technologies and metrics into conversational English
- Strong writing, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Interest in social media platforms and how companies are using the tools to drive brand awareness, engagement, and traffic to a website/social media pages
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to create partnerships and build connections that will drive business
- Quick learner and passionate about, not intimidated by, big data
- Outstanding time management skills and ability to work independently
- Plus: Interest or experience with Social data, Web Analytics, Paid Media or SEO/SEM
- Knowledge of or desire to learn any or all of the following:
- Primary research data collection (e.g. survey research, focus groups, in-depth interviews, etc.)
- Website analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Omniture
- Secondary databases, such as YouGov, Mintel, comScore, Quid, etc.
- HTML, Java, R, Python, SQL or similar language coding
- Media measurement and social media monitoring tools, such as Brandwatch, Sprinklr, Talkwalker, Factiva, etc.
- SPSS, Stata, SAS, R or similar statistical package capabilities
As a global communications consultancy with 90 plus years of experience, Ketchum is a trusted partner who is equal parts creative and analytical. Ketchum is a place where all perspectives and points of view are welcome and encouraged. We are a collection of communications specialists, content creators, creatives, researchers, data analysts, media pros, digital strategists, issues and crisis counselors, and tech nerds. And we love when those worlds collide to create the very best teams and solutions for our clients. We work with the world’s leading brands, emerging start-ups, and everything in between. We are beyond proud to have created some of the most celebrated and award-winning campaigns in our industry. We’re just crazy enough to think we can impact the world – and how it responds to ideas – through communication.
We encourage our employees to be curious, brave, inspiring, and a force for good. Let’s talk. Come belong at Ketchum!
What we offer
- Robust benefits program
- Generous time off policies
- Retirement program with company match
- Workplace flexibility
- Business casual dress code
- Workplace and off-site social gatherings
- Yoga @ work
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Transit benefits
Interested? We’ve got an opportunity for you.
Job posted: 2020-08-19