Research Assistant, Broadband Policy
The Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF), a Washington, DC-based think tank, is seeking a research assistant for broadband policy issues. The ideal applicant should have a demonstrated interest in broadband policy, as well as exceptional writing and research abilities. Individuals with a strong interest in Internet policy debates, including net neutrality, broadband competition, infrastructure regulation, and comparison of international broadband policy regimes are especially encouraged to apply. This position will report to the Director of Broadband and Spectrum Policy of ITIF.
- Assist in writing and conducting research for reports, regulatory filings, and op-eds.
- Provide research support (e.g., drafting literature reviews, collecting and analyzing data, checking sources, writing citations, preparing presentations, etc.).
- Attend and summarize hearings and events and track legislation and regulations.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in public policy, economics, political science, law, statistics, information science, computer science, or a related field.
- Demonstrated interest in technology and public policy.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Experience designing presentations and copyediting publications.
- Proactive and flexible, with an ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, and includes a health benefits package, generous paid vacation, annual performance-based bonus, and public transportation benefit.
To apply for this position, please submit the following to email@example.com with “Research Assistant, Broadband Policy” in the email subject line:
- Cover letter stating your specific interest and qualifications for the position (1 page, max). Resumes submitted without a tailored cover letter will not be considered;
- Resume (1 page, max); and
- Writing sample, preferably on a topic related to broadband policy (2-5 pages max).
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Job posted: 2020-08-20