Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Research Associate, Think Global Health
CFR’s David Rockefeller Studies Program is one of the country’s largest foreign policy think tanks, with a widely respected and influential research staff. The Studies Program’s aim is to advance the discussion of American foreign policy and international affairs through its writing, publications, public outreach, and discussions.
As part of the Studies Program, the Research Associate will support the work of CFR Director of the Global Health program and Think Global Health (TGH), CFR’s online magazine devoted to examining how changes in health shape economies, societies, and everyday lives.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Assist in the editing, writing, layout, and promotion of articles for Think Global Health.
- Track news and policy developments
- Assist in analyzing data and preparing graphics for blog posts, presentations, and policy briefs.
- Conduct research on emerging issues at the intersection of global health, international trade, and economic development for articles
- Coordinate events, including preparing invitations, making travel arrangements, corresponding with speakers and presiders, helping to prepare background materials for distribution, and providing other logistical support
- Assist in managing budgets, including tracking monthly statements and grant information, drafting grant reports and requests, and preparing vouchers for reimbursement
- Provide administrative support to two fellows, including handling correspondence, scheduling media interviews, making travel arrangements, and responding to requests for information
- Assist fellows with social media outreach, including publishing a blog, website, video, and/or using social media applications such as Twitter, Google+, etc., as needed
- Provide support across departmental lines and for other fellows, upon request
- BA or MA degree in international affairs, economics, public health, or other relevant field, with excellent academic credentials
- Excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to summarize and communicate research results clearly
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Good judgment, a can do attitude, and the ability to complete projects independently or with limited supervision
- Prior experience working with web content and content management systems.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word and Excel
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-11