Research & Editorial Associate
TDS is a full-service public affairs firm based in Washington, D.C. offering strategic communications, issue advocacy, crisis management, grassroots mobilization, coalition building, and digital services. For over a decade, our team has provided unmatched quality, superior strategic advice, and a unique approach to issue management for corporations, trade associations, and political clients.
TDS Public Affairs is seeking a Research & Editorial Associate to join our Public Affairs team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and strong, creative writer/researcher with a political communications emphasis. The candidate is excited about working in a collaborative environment to assist project leads in meeting tight deadlines to execute dynamic, impactful campaigns that deliver results. He or she can quickly grasp complex subject material and distill it into simple, digestible, and persuasive terms to enhance strategic media narratives.
The job is highly writing and research intensive. The candidate must be a skilled writer with the ability to draft persuasive content, conduct meaningful research and analyses, and identify and aggregate strategic data that furthers the goals of the firm’s campaigns. If you do not love to write and research, this job is not for you. Areas of Responsibility
- Creating detailed research dockets to enhance strategic media narratives
- Brainstorming unique, creative storylines to support clients’ objectives
- Assisting project leads with daily client activities, including the drafting and editing of key strategic content
- Media monitoring
Experience doesn’t guarantee results, so there are no specific tenure requirements on past work history; however, those with strong work ethics and the following qualifications would likely excel in this role.
- Proven ability to write. Experience with public relations writing is a plus.
- Experience in think tanks, political research or journalism, media, campaigns, trade associations, or government affairs preferred
- Superior attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability and willingness to adhere to tight deadlines
Salary range for this position is $45,000 to $60,000
TDS Public Affairs offers a 401k program and competitive salaries commensurate with experience.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-23