Research and Policy Analyst
We at Climate Action Campaign are a small but highly motivated and mighty team that advocates and organizes for bold
policies to stop the climate crisis. Through the lens of equity and justice, we fight for a Zero Carbon future and the
systemic change that ensures clean air, clean water, and a livable future for everyone.
We are growing our team of policy advocates who wake up every day ready to fight for the game-changing climate laws,
policies and programs we need to achieve climate justice. To fulfill this vision, we need 100% of our team to be 100% in.
1. Do you have a thirst for learning about climate policy?
2. Are you known for your meticulous attention to detail and ability to be thorough?
3. Is your first thought “no problem” when faced with a challenge?
4. Do you believe in the power of local politics to make change?
If you answered yes to these questions, please read on.
The Research and Policy Analyst is responsible for finding innovative climate policy solutions and best practices that can
be integrated in our regions (San Diego and Orange County). This position will research and inform our policy
development and campaign strategy team.
Major Goals and Responsibilities:
● Research innovative local policy solutions to the climate crisis
● Ensure policy team is kept briefed on climate science and solutions
● Publish reports and educational materials to advance knowledge and implementation of CAC’s climate solutions
● Research and Analysis: Compile, analyze, and clarify data and information regarding climate policy to support
existing projects as well as proposals for new initiatives; synthesize research findings to identify and recommend
● Written Communications: Write internal memos, white papers, public education materials, guides, and reports,
and contribute to position letters that communicate research findings and advance CAC positions.
● Education: Educate staff, partners, decision-makers, and the public on climate solutions through webinars,
presentations, trainings, and other events.
● Project Management: Oversee and carry out the successful completion of reports that require support and
participation from other team members.
A good fit for this position will:
● Be passionate about climate justice and what we do.
● Have experience researching and analyzing policy (climate or environmental policy preferred).
● Have top-notch written communication skills.
● Have a thirst for learning and enjoy reading, researching, writing, and distilling information about technical topics.
● Value thoroughness and accuracy.
● Be capable of managing multiple projects while maintaining meticulous attention to detail.
● Be an analyst who thinks creatively.
● Be a self-motivated and resourceful independent worker who is also a team player.
● Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
● Have experience with ArcGIS (preferred, not required)
Job Title: Research and Policy Analyst
● Have an understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on
underserved and underrepresented communities, including understanding that the climate crisis
disproportionately burdens working-class communities of color.
Climate Action Campaign Core Values
Justice, Equity, Accessibility, Opportunity for all, Inclusion, Health, Voice, Safety. We look forward to sharing more about
these values when we meet.
This is a full-time, salary, exempt position, and will include evening/weekend work and will require flexible hours.
Location: Our office is in Hillcrest in San Diego, but we’re often out and about throughout the region, meeting with
government officials, businesses, and community advocates, as well as working remotely at home to save time and
commuting costs. For the foreseeable future, due to COVID-19, our team is working remotely. This position will be remote
until it is safe to return to our office, at which point in-person office time will be required.
Benefits: Health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, and paid time off.
Salary range: $54,100-$72,000 (commensurate with experience)
How to apply: Please call our job line at (619) 419-1222×710, follow the prompt and leave a voicemail with your
response. We may additionally reach out for your resume and cover letter.
Deadline: The position is open until we find the perfect fit
Job posted: 2021-01-30