Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Research & Policy Associate
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – RESEARCH & POLICY ASSOCIATE
Posted: December 21, 2021
Americans for Tax Fairness, a coalition of national and state endorsing organizations active on high-profile federal tax reform issues, is seeking a Research & Policy Associate to provide support for research, policy and communications work and perform administrative duties. This is a full-time non-exempt position that provides a competitive salary and benefits. The Research & Policy Associate reports to the Executive Director. The salary range is $45,000 to $60,000 depending on experience. A competitive benefits package includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off. ATF operates as a virtual office, but there is a possibility that this may change in a year, at which time the position might be located in Washington, D.C.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and policy analysis: Rapidly respond to breaking news on tax issues; support the team’s work on federal budget, tax reform and investment options; continue groundbreaking work on billionaire wealth growth and economic inequality; keep abreast of new research and policy developments; maintain data sets in Excel; assist with drafting fact sheets, reports and blog posts.
- Office Management: Maintain a well-functioning and organized virtual office; provide support to the Executive Director to ensure the smooth functioning of the ATF coalition; assist with resolving technology-related issues for senior staff; maintain all electronic data and listservs; file credit card receipts and reimbursements.
- Communications: Assist the team with a legacy media and digital communications program, including keeping up to date on relevant media articles and preparing daily press clips.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or other staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least two years of similar experience through employment and/or internships
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel
- Proficiency with G Suite, specifically Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Forms
- Experience with social media, especially Twitter and Facebook
- Good research, writing, and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Individuals should be self-motivated and organized
- Strong interest in progressive politics
On an ongoing basis submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Research & Policy Associate Job
Americans for Tax Fairness is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, New Venture Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at email@example.com.
Job posted: 2021-12-22