Researcher, Public Policy Evaluation
At Fors Marsh Group (FMG), we combine the power of science and strategy to improve people’s lives. Each day, we work with institutions and organizations that seek to disrupt markets, understand and influence behavior, drive action on a national scale, and create positive impact. Our approach extends far beyond our client portfolio—as a certified B Corporation and a 2020 Greenbook Top 50 Market Research Company, we make a difference in our community through corporate-sponsored employee volunteer programs and pro bono partnerships with values-aligned nonprofits. Most importantly, as a 2020 Washington Post Top Workplace, we are committed to putting people first and foster a culture that reflects that commitment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity and inclusivity as the foundation of a healthy, successful, and innovative work environment. Join us, and together we can work to ensure a better tomorrow.
FMG’s Public Policy Evaluation practice is seeking a Researcher for our Public Policy and Evaluation team.
- Contributing to the design, execution, and interpretation of research across a variety of quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Prepare written products research reports, presentation decks, and other project deliverables summarizing research methods, findings, and implications.
- Providing client account management to understand needs, manage expectations, and build long-term relationships.
- Managing and analyzing large datasets using MS Excel.
- Providing quality checks on client deliverables.
- Balance roles and responsibilities across multiple concurrent projects.
- Work as part of a team on a day-to-day basis in a fast paced enviornment
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Public Administration, Political Science, Sociology, Statistics or other social science field.
- Experience contributing to research projects.
- Experience and strong proficiency using MS Excel for data analysis.
- Direct experience with at least one statistical analysis software package (SPSS, STATA, and R).
- Experience with qualitative data analysis software (e.g., NVivo) preferred.
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Applicants may be subject to a low-level government security investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to sensitive information.
- A collaborative, small business environment where staff are self-motivated and enthusiastic about their field of study.
- Opportunities to conduct high quality research and influence decision making.
- Highly competitive benefit/compensation package.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-06