Risk Regulatory Affairs Senior Lead – Risk Governance – Director
The Risk Regulatory Affairs team ensures the Risk organization maintains strong and productive regulatory relationships with US Prudential Regulators, particularly the Federal Reserve, OCC and FDIC. The team proactively manages regulatory matters to ensure the organization is well positioned and responsive in regulatory interactions. The team partners closely with subject matter experts within risk segments to:
- Oversee and coordinate regulatory examinations and reviews to ensure the risk organization proactively addresses regulatory requests and concerns;
- Manage regulatory interactions, including recurring liaison meetings and ad hoc information requests, to strengthen regulatory relations from an Independent Risk Management perspective;
- Support the development of appropriate and comprehensive responses and remediation plans when regulatory issues and concerns are identified; and
- Work closely with partners in other Control Functions and Businesses, to ensure consistent, insightful and clear communications to regulators.
The Risk Regulatory Affairs team is part of the broader Risk Governance function, responsible for the design and implementation of firm-wide frameworks and practices that are integral and fundamental to Risk Management within Citi. This includes the firm’s risk identification, risk appetite, and risk governance frameworks; the new and modified product approval framework; risk policy; risk governance committees; risk controls and issue management; risk learning and development; and risk budget management.
The objective of this role is to drive the execution of regulatory interactions across Risk Management, to ensure the organization is responsive, agile and well-prepared for unique and demanding regulatory requests. The position will require significant project management and stakeholder engagement to ensure that regulatory affairs are thoughtful, comprehensive and culminate in consistent messaging. In addition, there is opportunity to provide senior management with themes that emerge from the feedback received through these points of regulatory contact. The scope of coverage for the role is inclusive of matters pertaining to Risk Governance, including Risk Frameworks, Risk Appetite, New Product Approval Processes, Product Governance and Risk Data Governance.
- Lead a team that executes regulatory interactions for Risk Governance and support the CBNA Chief Risk Officer.
- Manage complex regulatory exams that require significant program management across risk teams, with a focus on ensuring regulatory expectations are addressed on a holistic and consistent basis.
- Build strong working relationships and effectively partner with key stakeholders and subject matter experts across the Risk organization and more broadly Businesses and Control Functions to promote a more integrated approach to regulatory relations.
- Promote a strong relationship with regulators by establishing appropriate liaison meetings that enable meaningful dialogue on developments within the risk organization and a better understanding of the views of the regulators.
- Drive effective communication strategies with regulators and advise to senior management on the approach to regulatory interactions and guidance on best in class presentations, materials and other submissions provided to regulators.
- Synthesize regulatory feedback and key findings to senior management, the CRO and key stakeholders to drive awareness of and help anticipate regulatory concerns.
- Review and provide quality assurance of risk management deliverables submitted to regulators.
- Execute and lead high priority regulatory ad hoc projects across their lifecycle by identifying and structuring problems, analyzing root causes, developing solutions, communicating project results, and obtaining buy-in for change.
- Partner with the Risk Issues and Controls team on regulatory issue oversight to ensure responses to regulatory concerns are well informed and appropriately address concerns raised.
This is a senior position providing opportunity to work closely with stakeholders across a number of risk disciplines. The position requires working closely with the senior management across risk segments to provide guidance, leadership and support during critical regulatory exams and interactions to ensure well-managed, productive and insightful communications. The position also provides opportunity to support the development of the new regulatory affairs model across the broader risk management team.
- 15+ years of experience in the Financial Services industry, preferably in a regulatory-facing role that requires superior problem solving and excellent oral/written communication skills (Regulatory or Compliance background a plus)
- Experience working at a banking regulatory agency, such as the Federal Reserve, OCC, and FDIC a plus
- Excellent influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills. Ability to build a strong internal and external networks
- Exceptional writing skills, with ability to synthesize complex concepts and translate into effective presentations to external regulators and Senior Executives
- Strong understanding of Risk Governance concepts including Risk Appetite, Risk Governance Frameworks, New Product Approval processes, Product Governance, and Risk Data Governance.
- Broad knowledge across a range of risk management disciplines including credit, market, and operational risks.
- Strong attention to detail, willingness to “roll up sleeves”; ability to work under pressure and tireless work ethic
- Autonomous and highly motivated with the ability to multi-task productively and to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Experience in project management with excellent organizational, follow-up and time management skills
- Business management or analytical background (Master’s degree in business or relevant discipline preferred; Bachelor’s degree with analytic focus, e.g. business, finance, economics, management information systems, etc.)
Grade :All Job Level – All Job FunctionsAll Job Level – All Job Functions – US
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-04-28