Senior Account Executive, Future of Work and Education PR
Named one of America’s best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top advocacy organizations, global tech companies, major real estate developers, and progressive political candidates.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TECH TEAM
BerlinRosen’s burgeoning Technology and Innovation practice represents some of the biggest newsmakers defining the future of education, technology, finance and urban innovation. Our clients include Barnard, General Assembly, Per Scholas, CornellTech, Samsung, Sidewalk Labs, Bloomberg Media, Intersection, and LinkNYC, to name a few.
With a team of over 20 communications professionals, we bring a unique campaign-style approach to strategic communications for clients in the technology sector, combining expert strategy and nimble execution with the creativity and speed of a startup.
We are news junkies, publicists, former campaigners, journalists, and expert communications professionals obsessed with compelling storytelling.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our rapidly growing team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with 2-3 years of communications experience who enjoys working with enterprise companies to develop thought leadership and drive day to day media coverage. This person will have the opportunity to work with major global brands defining the future of work – everything from how individuals can access the skills they need for a 21st century career to how employers are managing remote workers on an international scale. In addition to being a savvy media strategist and active pitcher, this role will have the opportunity to work directly with senior staff to shape strategy and present large scale campaigns to clients.
Note: BerlinRosen is remote through at least February 2022. This role will be required to work East Coast hours.
As an Account Executive on the Technology team, you will:
- Conceptualize and drive new story angles and other media opportunities for clients: such as landing feature stories for clients even when there is no news to announce, or drafting a persuasive and compelling pitch on behalf of a client for a high-profile interview, award, or conference
- Place numerous stories through persistence and creativity: identifying new targets and trying new approaches until the story is landed
- Be an active participant on client calls: you will contribute to brainstorming, flagging concerns, and problem-solving during weekly check-ins with executive members of our client teams
- Write high-quality client deliverables without any typos or mistakes, including talking points, op-eds, and media plans
- Drive day-to-day execution with little guidance and stay on track of client deliverables
- Develop insights-driven media research and analysis that can be quickly used to inform key client strategies and presentations
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate can demonstrate or possesses the following:
- At least 3 years of experience in communications: covering higher ed, tech, or women’s issues; PR agency experience preferred
- Strong storytelling: must be able to provide examples of op-eds, pitches, and other materials that clearly demonstrate these skills,
- Versatile writer: comfortable and well versed in writing in an informal, conversational tone and addressing people more formally when necessary
- Demonstrated savviness and creativity in media relations and pitching: know how to identify new targets and thoughtful angles until the story is landed
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and with confidence, both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients, the media, and is comfortable thinking on their feet
- Organized and used to a fast-paced environment: proven ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to become a savvy and nimble student of the “news” and quickly identify new media opportunities and narratives to insert our clients’ voices into the news cycle
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement
- A stipend to support your work-from-home setup
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-15