Senior Account Executive, Media Relations – Brand Solutions (Consumer PR)
In a world of exponential change, BCW is a creative business that solves complex problems by #Moving People. This starts with our people.
Our core belief is that the growth of our people fuels the growth of our clients, which powers the growth of our agency. So, across our global BCW team, we share a common practice: cultivating an open, curious mindset that is committed to learning.
We know we learn best when Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (I.D.E.A) are embedded into everything we do for our people, agency, clients and communities we serve. We wholly believe that creative truly inclusive and innovative solutions by growing talent that mirrors the marketplace is critical to our success. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from talent across all dimensions of race/ethnicity, LGBTQ, differently abled and veteran status to come and grow with us.
At BCW, we move and we grow. We create, contribute and challenge, but we don’t conform. Instead, we transform.
Do you love media relations, CPG, personal care, lifestyle, consumer health & wellness? We are looking for a Senior Account Executive, Media Relations to join our best-in-class Brand Solutions (also known as Consumer) team! You will be joining an elite Media Relations team which work across the entire Brand Solutions practice supporting a wide variety of exciting accounts in areas including CPG, personal care, lifestyle, consumer health & wellness!
We are looking for someone who understands these area and the extremely important role media relations plays within them. We also need someone who is passionate about media relations within these areas and who is “in the know” of the latest trends and on top of media and current events!
What you’ll do as you move with us:
- Responsible for a wide range of media outreach activities for clients, including:
- Developing pitches and other press materials
- Creating and maintaining media lists, handle routine media inquiries and pitch client messaging
- Assisting on developing media strategies and messaging/talking points for media interviews
- Partner with Account Management on day-to-day client activities and general account maintenance
- Collaborate with digital, influencers, paid media, and other teams and offerings within the agency.
- Develop a vast knowledge of the media that influences your clients’ customers while building relationships with key media outlets
- Develop relationships with external audiences (media, third-party constituencies, etc.) to pitch and convey client stories
- Secure media interviews and coordinate specific events and promotions for clients
- Be comfortable with digital media tools and metrics and utilize social networking formats to reach specific audiences
Experience that contributes to your success:
- 3-4 years of PR agency experience with a focus on and passion for media relations
- Experience and interest in CPG, personal care, lifestyle, consumer health & wellness
- Strong understanding of the media landscape with strong media contacts and relationships across CPG, personal care, lifestyle, consumer health & wellness
- Eagerness to work on variety of accounts
- Experience working with digital and influencers and paid media is a plus
- Passion for telling the client story and a proven track record of success positioning large clients with top tier media
- Strong client communications skills and proven thoroughness in quality of client-facing documents
- Understanding of the integration of social media + traditional media
- Ability to take ownership of a program and work with autonomy
- Experience using media monitoring tools (Cision, Radian6, Gorkana, Vocus, etc.) is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel as well as social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills along with strong attention to detail
- Experience working in and contributing to an inclusive and collaborative environment
- Ability to push the envelope and think outside of the box
More about BCW:
BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe), one of the world’s largest full-service global communications and public relations agencies, is in the business of moving people on behalf of clients. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), a creative transformation company.
To act. To inspire. To change. We take an analytical approach to obsess over every detail, then add real emotion and creativity to connect with people’s lives and their communities. We’re #MovingPeople – join us.
BCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability/Vet, and we are proud of our diverse workforce.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-03