Senior Account Executive- Public Affairs
This position will be part of the VOX Global team based in Washington, DC. A successful candidate will have experience supporting clients and/or multifaceted campaigns, in-person and virtual events, excellent interpersonal skills and will possess strong writing and project management skills. The ideal candidate will also have a political, campaign or public affairs background and media relations experience. Strong attention to detail and willingness to be an agile, flexible team player are a must.
VOX Global believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- 1-3 years of experience in strategic communications, public affairs, campaign or political communications.
- Knowledge of media relations and reporter engagement.
- Proven ability to develop and edit high quality written materials, including briefing papers, bylines, analytical pieces, website/creative copy, press releases, talking points and more.
- Excellent writing and editing skills that reflect 1) an ability to clarify and simplify complicated issues and diverse subject matter, and 2) versatility in tone and technique depending on the author and/or audience.
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to work quicky and effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and production quality under tight deadlines.
- Experience interfacing directly with clients in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project coordination skills.
- Experience in coordinating in-person and virtual events.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines on time and on budget, work under pressure and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
Interested candidates must attach the following items to their online application upon submission:
- Cover letter expressing interest in the position
Based in Washington, D.C., VOX Global uses a wide variety of communications skills to deliver messaging that resonates with our clients’ target audiences. VOX Global is part of the Omnicom strategic communications network and we are committed to personal growth through professional development. For more information, visit www.voxglobal.com.
VOX Global is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. VOX Global does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where VOX Global does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy, and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding, and research.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-10