Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Account Executive, Public Relations
Gregory FCA, one of the nation’s largest PR firms, is looking for a Senior Account Executive to join our growing team! We are looking for a professional with strong media relations and and client communication skills, with four to seven years of PR experience. This position calls for an understanding of what it takes to successfully manage PR campaigns.
- Conduct media outreach, focusing on higher value media targets. Build and maintain personal network of meaningful media relationships.
- Write press releases, blog posts, media queries, and social media posts. Align with strategic messaging of campaign, and meet compliance requirements for clients’ industries.
- Actively communicate with clients as required via email, phone, text, etc., and assume an increasingly senior role in addressing client concerns and recalibrating client expectations.
- Participate and lead client calls as specified by supervisor. Provide strategic input, analysis and feedback on client calls in addition to providing updates.
- Brief clients on anticipated topics and themes of interviews and appearances. Prepare and draft talking points to be approved by supervisor.
- Monitor client blogs, social feeds, and other channels, and alert team to pending issues, plus flag any issues, inconsistencies, risks and/or opportunities that could impact strategic direction of account.
- Envision, contribute and direct the creative process for the development of content for client social channels.
- Verify media lists prepared by junior staff. Review and edit Google docs and Excel reports and media coverage summaries prepared by junior members. Create own client reports as required.
- Help train junior staff on in-house tools, processes, expectations, and Gregory FCA standard practices. Provide feedback to supervisor on the progress, skills, and job-readiness of junior staff.
- Stay current and gain proficiency on new software platforms that impact the practice of PR.
- Stay current and add to personal understanding of issues, processes, terms, products, and regulations specific to clients’ industries. Master increasingly sophisticated issues that impact clients’ business and industry,
- Contribute to Gregory FCA marketing initiatives, as requested, by attending sales meetings, contributing to social channels, and reviewing sales proposals.
Education and Experience
- An undergraduate degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, marketing, business or a similar major
- Four to seven years of PR experience
- PR agency experience is a plus
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team first attitude, ability to work with junior and senior team members
- Client service oriented
- Familiar with national media/consumer of news
- Adaptable to changing work demands and priorities
- Goal orientated
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Organized and effective multi-tasker
- Detail oriented
- Positive attitude
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k) plan, WFH flexibility, paid time off and paid holidays, life insurance and short-term and long-term disability insurance, among other benefits.
Gregory FCA is an equal opportunity employer, and will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination on account of a person’s sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference, or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap or disability, or any other protected group or status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-29