Looking to shape the most pressing policy issues facing corporations today and in the future? Eager to design and execute ingenious data-driven public affairs strategies and issue campaigns on behalf of some of the world’s most successful organizations and industries? Possess a passion to shape some of the biggest policy debates in the country and influencing political outcomes?
Edelman is in search of a seasoned digital public affairs Senior Account Supervisor to join our Washington DC team. We are looking for someone who understands the intersection of digital media, politics and issues management and the role digital plays in shaping opinions and winning on issues.
We’ve built our digital corporate and public affairs practice by understanding the roles culture, commerce and media play in shaping opinions, advancing issues and driving outcomes. With this ethos in mind, we collaborate in leveraging digital and social tools to engage key audiences, promote our clients’ positions and protect their license to operate. We combine deep digital expertise with Edelman’s incredible communications marketing credentials and scale to create impactful and measurable outcomes for our clients.
- Apply your broad and deep experience leveraging paid, earned and owned media initiatives to driving outcomes at the Federal, State and Local levels for clients.
- Lead digital and social marketing initiatives by applying cutting edge tools, technologies and approaches to identifying, engaging and activating select stakeholders.
- Lead day-to-day operations of client business; serving as a primary contact for the client
- Hands-on experience designing fully-integrated data driven programs to achieve outcomes on critical issues across multiple sectors including, energy, healthcare, and trade.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of digital-first policy solutions and how they complement field, traditional and earned media efforts
- Lead collaborative scenario planning, strategy and thought leadership sessions with internal staff and clients
- Gain consensus and work with internal and external partners, including industry coalitions, international consortiums and working groups.
- Counsel clients on strategies to promote and protect their business in current and future political climate.
- Mentor, coach, educate and manage your direct reports and account teams
- Oversee and manage advocacy campaign execution, monitoring, research and online influencer engagement projects, program measurement and budgets
- 7-10 years demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful digital and social media corporate and public affairs programs with aggressive timelines is preferred
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills; ability to manage independent client relationships and communicate effectively by phone, email, and in-person
- Superior ability to write and edit documents and content to ensure clarity, persuasion and polish.
- Strong financial acumen, able to manage large budgets and staffing projections
- Works well in a team-based collaborative environment that focuses on outcomes, not process.
- Excellent communication skills and experience providing sound counsel and recommendations on how the business is operated and managed.
- Existing relationships within the political and advocacy space
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience in the energy, mining and pharma sectors is strongly desired
- Experience working on Capitol Hill or with State Legislatures is strongly desired.
The senior account supervisor must have at least five years of relevant experience in public affairs and policy including issue or political campaigns, advocacy groups, Capitol Hill, think tanks and/or related fields.
Job Posted: April 12, 2017