Senior Account Supervisor, Health Communication
At Fors Marsh Group (FMG), we combine the power of science and strategy to improve people’s lives. Each day, we work with institutions and organizations that seek to disrupt markets, understand and influence behavior, drive action on a national scale, and create positive impact. Our approach extends far beyond our client portfolio—as a certified B Corporation and a 2020 Greenbook Top 50 Market Research Company, we make a difference in our community through corporate-sponsored employee volunteer programs and pro bono partnerships with values-aligned nonprofits. Most importantly, as a 2019 Washington Post Top Workplace, we are committed to putting people first and foster a culture that reflects that commitment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity and inclusivity as the foundation of a healthy, successful, and innovative work environment. Join us, and together we can work to ensure a better tomorrow.
We are currently seeking an experienced, intelligent and motivated public health communicator to lead and expand our efforts in the area(s) of behavior change, social marketing, and communication with our private and public sector clients.
The selected individual will report to the Marketing and Outreach Division Director, serving as a key member of her leadership team focusing on proposal development to secure new work, as well as supervising a team of communication professionals servicing a range of Federal and commercial clients.
Proposal development in the division consists of leading strategic, written responses to Government RFPs and other similar requests, convening brainstorming meetings, writing and editing proposal sections, working with internal teams to develop budgets and ensuring the overall quality of on-time submissions.
As a senior account supervisor, the selected individual will provide leadership for strategic planning, stakeholder engagement, branding and messaging and large-scale public health and social marketing campaign implementation across a variety of topics, including sexual assault prevention, suicide prevention, public health preparedness, tobacco use prevention and cessation, Alzheimer’s and other related diseases, opioid misuse prevention and chronic disease prevention, among others.
- Supporting new business and capture planning for the Marketing & Outreach Division, to develop long-term strategy, build internal capacity to respond to opportunities and lead capture and proposal efforts to expand FMG marketing and outreach client base and project portfolio.
- Building relationships with business partners, subcontractors, vendors, and stakeholders to support current and future work.
- Strengthening FMG’s health communication brand through collaboration with other team members to develop a well-articulated marketing plan including recommending conferences and events at which to present, speak, sponsor or otherwise engage.
- Ensuring that FMG is providing the highest quality health communication services for paid, earned, owned and social engagement strategies.
- Providing client account management to understand needs, manage expectations, and build long-term relationships.
- Managing multiple concurrent projects, including providing quality control and implementing financial controls for projects.
- Leading multiple project teams, spearheading direction-setting activities, cultivating a productive work environment, and developing team members through coaching, mentoring, and on-the-job training.
- Contributing knowledge and expertise in public health communication.
- Thinking creatively to solve tangible health communication and behavior change problems through the application of research and data insights, technology, media outreach and numerous other channels.
- Master’s degree in public health, health communication, marketing science or related.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience working with Federal agencies, such as HHS, CDC, NIH, FDA or similar required. During this time, you have led countless successful proposal responses on a range of topics as well as have led numerous communication campaigns, tasks or activities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and maintain client relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete contracts, meeting client standards for deliverables and completing work on-time and within available budgets.
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communications skills, including proposal writing.
- Applicants may be subject to a low-level government security investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to sensitive information.
- A collaborative, mid-size business environment where staff are self-motivated and enthusiastic about their field of study and practice.
- Highly competitive benefit/compensation package.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-06