Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Advisor, Environmental Affairs and Compliance
JOIN THE CLEAN ENERGY REVOLUTION
Become a Senior Advisor, Environmental Affairs and Compliance, in Agency Relations at Southern California Edison (SCE) and help build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll be representing the Company’s positions and interests with Federal and State regulators and other stakeholders, building relationships with agency leadership, leading cross-functional teams for environmental and land management matters, and providing agency expertise, strategic direction, policy recommendations and subject matter expertise to executive management and fellow team members.
As a Senior Advisor, Environmental Affairs and Compliance your work will help power the electric grid, reduce wildfire risk, and forge a clean energy pathway for our state. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Strategize on engagement plans for environmental/land management regulation and policy towards long-term program and project progress while developing and maintaining relationships with decision makers at federal, state and local agencies. Projects impacted by this work are typically long term, strategic, and highly visible.
- Advance key program, permit and project issues to agency decision makers when the issues cannot be resolved by SCE and agency staff. Protect SCE’s interests and help ensure projects involving public land or impacting natural/cultural resources are approved to meet project timelines. Lead (or support as appropriate) programmatic permit efforts with the agency.
- Lead cross-functional team(s) to advocate policy and maintain and strengthen working relationships with other organization units. Identify issues that require attention, raise them to management, and develop strategies to address them.
- In coordination with internal Company organizations, establish, maintain, and cultivate effective trust-based relationships with assigned agencies.
- Interact with Sr. Management (including, Director, Managing Director, and officer levels, as appropriate) to define business strategy as it connects to environmental/land management regulatory issue and policy management. Interact with Agency Relations team members sharing guidance, expertise, and recommendations.
- 10 years of experience in environmental/land management agency work, environmental law, or advocacy (in any combination)
- Communicating with positive impact across a broad audience, including policy makers, agency staff, leaders, lawyers, and other collaborators
- JD or Bachelor’s, Master’s in biology, natural sciences, business administration, or related field
- Experience with NEPA (National Environmental Policy Act), the Endangered Species Act and land management agencies
- Ability to solve problems
- Strong drive for continuous improvement
- Strong communication and inclusion skills
YOU SHOULD KNOW
- This position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- Relocation may apply to this position.
- Primary work location is Rosemead, CA, however a work location in San Francisco may be considered
ABOUT SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EDISON
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.
Job posted: 2023-09-18