Senior Advocacy and Communications Adviser
The Global CCS Institute is an international think-tank backed by governments, businesses and NGOs. Our mission is to accelerate the deployment of carbon capture and storage (CCS) globally. We have offices located around the world and are seeking a Senior Adviser Advocacy and Communications to join our Washington D.C. office on a full-time, permanent basis.
About the role
As the Senior Adviser Advocacy and Communications reporting to our General Manager Advocacy and Communications, you will promote and position CCS as a critical technology in addressing climate change and build a positive media profile of CCS, the Institute, and the Institute’s Members. You will lead advocacy and communications in the region and implement the team’s global strategies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the below.
- Ensure that Institute communications are strategic, credible, coordinated, integrated, timely and consistent with the Institute’s Strategic Plan and Board-approved key messages
- Work with Advocacy and Communications colleagues globally to develop advocacy and communications campaigns appropriate for market segmentation, with a focus on expanding the reach of CCS messages to a wider audience
- Proactively identify opportunities to promote the Institute, Member activities and to position CCS as a critical technology in addressing climate change
- Contribute to a suite of materials to promote the Institute and its advocacy message including production of template communications tools, speeches, op-eds, presentations, social media, monthly newsletter content and event marketing collateral
- Assess and negotiate proposals for co-sponsorship of CCS workshops, events and activities, including recognition for the Institute consistent with the Institute’s overall brand
- Manage the advocacy outputs, including presentations, online content and briefing information consistent with the global brand and standards
- Coach and guide others to enhance media and communications capability and persuasive writing skills
With demonstrated experience in a similar role, you will have an ability to deliver proactive, complex and coordinated communication activities and campaigns utilizing a variety of media channels. Knowledge of the energy and climate change landscape would allow you to make an impact immediately.
Reach out for a confidential conversation regarding remuneration.
Only candidates with a current right to work in the United States will be considered. Please visit the Careers page of our website to view a detailed position description and learn more about why people join and stay at the Institute. To apply, please email your application to email@example.com.
We have been working remotely effectively due to COVID-19 and the successful candidate will be required to work remotely until it is safe to return to the office.
At the Institute we understand that you are more than just your job, which is why we offer benefits to support you both personally and professionally. We are happy to provide you with more information on our U.S. benefits during the recruitment process, including group health insurance and pension contributions.
Job posted: 2021-10-31