Senior Advocacy Writer
Senior Advocacy Writer
Grow Your Career With Us!
Drones, robots, automated vehicles and more: Be part of the technology revolution in one of the hottest industries today! The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) is seeking a high-energy, experienced communications manager to join our team. The primary objective of this position is to ensure AUVSI remains the premier voice in the unmanned systems industry, enhancing public perception of the industry, amplifying the association’s advocacy goals, and strengthening the brand and reputation of AUVSI.
This position will work across the association to develop and coordinate digital, social, video and print content, contributing to AUVSI’s overall content strategy and in alignment with organizational objectives. The Sr. Advocacy Writer will develop executive-level content, including speeches, op-eds, and talking points. The position will conduct industry research, write, and edit articles, blog posts and static content for AUVSI’s website, events, webinars, and other avenues in support of the advocacy agenda and educating the public and industry on unmanned systems technology. The Sr. Advocacy Writer will work to enhance AUVSI’s digital and social media content by writing content and assessing and ultimately improving impact using data analytics.
- Write executive-level speeches, op-eds, and other content
- Produce well-researched content for publication online
- Write, source, and publish daily articles for AUVSI’s website, digital newsletters, and blog
- Develop related content for multiple platforms, such as partner websites, email marketing, program descriptions, newsletters, videos, and blogs
- Follow an editorial calendar, collaborating with other members of the content production team to ensure timely delivery of materials
- Develop and maintain processes to keep content development and related digital projects running smoothly
- Organize writing schedules to complete drafts of content or finished projects within deadlines
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams on layout and ad placement
- Maintain a database of freelance writers and member contributors to support ad hoc projects
- Support events through onsite journalism
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in writing and communications for a government office, corporation, communications firm, or association
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, including social media and speech writing
- Data analytics proficiency and experience (highly preferred)
- Content Management System experience (preferred)
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple content production projects and deadlines at once
- Highly organized and detail-oriented work ethic, with the ability to manage multiple and changing responsibilities effectively
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
What We Offer:
Competitive pay, vacation leave, personal leave, holiday leave, holiday break (paid leave between Christmas and New Year’s Day, when the office is closed), 401(k) retirement plan, comprehensive health plan, company paid dental and vision plan, life insurance, tuition assistance, health club membership, casual dress workplace, and quarterly staff fun events!
AUVSI Named a “Best Manufacturing Association to Work For” by the National Association for Manufacturers’ Council of Manufacturing Associations, 2019.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and let us know how you will take this job to the next level! Visit www.auvsi.org for more information about us.
Job posted: 2021-01-30