Senior Analyst (Electoral Analysis)
Do you have a passion for the electoral political landscape at all levels of government? Are you motivated by a vision of principled politicians championing impactful policy through civil discussion? Does the thought of bringing a business-minded approach to political action excite you?
Stand Together is seeking a Senior Political Analyst for its Strategic Analysis team. In this role, you will develop and execute political research and analysis at a local, state, and national level to provide strategic recommendations and insights on our political involvement, investments, and opportunities. You will serve as an internal consultant to our political teams and develop a deep understanding of their goals and frameworks in order to provide actionable insights.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Provide actionable insights on the shifting political and electoral landscape across ideologies
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to inform strategic decision making regarding electoral and political investments
- Provide regular written and verbal updates to internal stakeholders on the performance and evolution of investments
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research and analysis from a range of sources and tools
- Clearly and confidently present findings and recommendations with an openness to accept and administer challenge
- Consistently reevaluate and improve existing processes and knowledge systems to best support partners
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Politically-attuned with at least 5 years of real-world experience in political research
- Knowledge of the political landscape across ideologies
- Advanced research and analytical skills – including social media research
- A strong writer with the ability to communicate effectively and concisely
- Able to synthesize information and provide actionable insights
- A proactive mindset and commitment to a collaborative approach
- Strong commitment to the Stand Together vision and principles
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference.
Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation’s biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds—including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy—to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-22