Senior Analyst, Government Affairs
About the job
Hi, we’re Oscar. We’re hiring a Senior Analyst to join our Government Affairs team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About The Role
We are looking for a government affairs professional to assist in the continued development and execution of Oscar’s state and federal government affairs function. In this role, the ideal candidate will have familiarity with state legislative and regulatory processes, a penchant for public policy, and strong project management skills. Knowledge of the health insurance industry or another highly regulated industry and a demonstrated ability to operate at a highly strategic and collaborative level is important. You’ll report to our Director of Government Affairs, and work closely with Health Plan Counsel and other business units across the company. Externally, you’ll interface with regulators and other government officials at both the state and federal level.
- Research, track, and monitor legislation, regulation, and policy developments for assigned products or regions to identify opportunities and risks that might impact the company.
- Support with monitoring trade association committees, covering meetings and calls, and synthesizing takeaways for internal teams.
- Represent Oscar with state and federal regulators and government agencies.
- Support the development and implementation of government affairs/legislative strategy for new products or ventures to advance Oscar’s business interests.
- Manage projects with notable complexity with business area implications, developing action plans and managing from start to completion.
- Provide government relations/regulatory relations expertise to designated business areas and work collaboratively with internal Legal counsel.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- 2+ years of experience working in health insurance trade groups, state legislative staff, health insurance industry or another highly regulated industry
- Experience with state legislative and regulatory processes, ideally as they relate to the health insurance industry
- Experience tracking regulations and legislation
- Cross-functional project management experience
- Experience communicating with and presenting information to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience distilling regulatory requirements into digestible action items, for audiences at varying levels of seniority
- Advanced degree
- Experience working in fast-paced, high-growth environments
Life At Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We’re on a mission to change health care — an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won’t be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you’ve inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Job posted: 2021-09-06