Senior Analyst- Government Affairs
HOW YOU’LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
The Senior Analyst, Government Affairs, is part of the Government, International, Policy, and Regulatory teams. The position supports issue advocacy efforts before Congress and the Administration and will play a key role in developing and executing the company’s government affairs strategy.
- Draft detailed policy memoranda and talking points for senior Delta executives in advance of meetings with Members of Congress and the Administration;
- Develop timely analysis on public policy developments impacting Delta’s business, operation or employees;
- Conduct large-scale data research and analysis efforts using Delta systems and external sources to build supporting arguments for regulatory filings, presentations to Members of Congress and congressional staff and international stakeholders and partners;
- Participate in meetings with congressional staff to advance the company’s goals and priorities;
- Prepare presentations, materials, and memos for Government, International, Policy, Regulatory, and State and Local Affairs team members;
- Attend public policy hearings, briefings, seminars, coalition meetings, and other events on behalf of the Government, International, Policy, and Regulatory teams and provide reports; compile, draft and edit weekly updates on Government Affairs activity and complete other administrative tasks as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Undergraduate degree required; degree in political science, public policy, business, computer science, communications or related field preferred.
- Proven data analysis abilities; demonstrated understanding of Delta’s operation and business preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of congressional and legislative processes required.
- Strong leadership skills, presentation skills, written and oral communication skills, positive attitude and able to manage change successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong PowerPoint and Excel skills, with the ability to create and edit executive level presentations.
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Illustrator or other graphic design software strongly preferred.· Must be strategic, dynamic, detail-oriented and independent while still operating successfully in a team environment.
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
Analyst experience in Aviation and Government Affairs.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-18