Senior Analyst, Research and Policy Analysis
Forbes Tate Partners (FTP) is seeking a Senior Analyst to join our Research and Policy Analysis (RPA) staff. The RPA team provides fundamental support to FTP’s government relations and public affairs professionals by researching, interpreting, and summarizing federal and state legislation, key developments in the legislative process, public policy proposals, political dynamics of key topics, and media coverage of pertinent issues.
This team is central to all of our work at FTP, from business development to building strategy and demonstrating successful outcomes.
This position is full-time salaried, with benefits and paid holidays.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Completing legislative, regulatory, public affairs, and general research projects, including content for broad-based policy analyses and regular update bulletins.
- Assisting the Senior Director with workflow and project management.
- Collaborate with RPA staff in the conduct and completion of general research assignments.
- Aiding in the assessment of potential public policy impacts of various legislative and regulatory proposals.
- Drafting public facing research documents to support ongoing issue advocacy campaigns.
- Assisting in the development business, policy issue, and marketplace assessments to support client development.
- Assessing new tools for research and helping integrate them into our research process.
Skills and attributes required will include:
- The ability to quickly and accurately conduct legislative research by reviewing legislation, congressional proceedings and transcripts, and member profiles.
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit clear, concise, thorough issue summaries and analyses.
- The ability to simultaneously manage multiple assignments in a flexible, fast-paced, team-based environment.
- An instinct for identifying and elevating substantively and politically salient elements within large, complicated issues.
- The ability to think creatively about how to express the ramifications of policy proposals and political developments across issues.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree (with a graduate degree preferred), 2-3 years of relevant legislative or policy experience, and demonstrated knowledge of Congress, federal agencies, or state government.
About Forbes Tate Partners
Forbes Tate Partners (FTP) is a full-service public affairs consultancy specializing in bipartisan federal and state government relations, strategic communications, grassroots and grasstops advocacy, issue campaigns, and corporate development. As a mid-sized firm, we have the breadth and depth of personnel and experience to manage a portfolio of over a hundred clients, but also the flexibility to provide our clients with attentive and highly personalized support.
How to Apply
Interested parties should send their resume, cover letter, and one writing sample (3 pages or less) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. FTP is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment.
Job posted: 2020-08-24