Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
EMC Communications is hiring a Senior Associate with two to three years of experience to help manage digital content and media relations campaigns for our clients advancing the social good. You will report to a Director. Your key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contributing to strategy and fully executing social media content for clients
- Researching and writing talking points
- Researching and writing contributed articles, blogs, columns, etc.
- Drafting and submitting awards nominations
- Writing and pitching press releases, media availabilities, statements, letters to the editor, OpEds, and more
- Working with members of the media
- Identifying, vetting, and pitching high-visibility speaking engagements for clients
- Monitoring, measuring, and reporting media and social media
- Helping manage client projects
- Updating and managing lists of media contacts and social media account profiles
EMC Communications is a woman-owned strategic communications firm elevating thought leaders, advocates and businesses driving social change. We offer integrated public relations, messaging and digital media campaigns focusing on political advocacy and issues advancing the social good, especially gender, racial, economic, and social justice. This position is full-time, remote. Location flexible but Washington, D.C. or the San Francisco Bay Area/Sacramento, Calif., is preferred.
- Two to three years of experience working in communications
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfort with tight and shifting deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently essential
- Experience working in advocacy organizations a plus
- Journalism or agency experience a plus but not required
People of color, veterans and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Salary range is $56,000-$65,000; generous medical, dental and retirement benefits included; paid holidays, paid sick and paid time off. Computer and monthly cell phone and Internet stipend provided.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posted: 2022-01-10