Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Civitas Public Affairs Group is a values-based public affairs firm that delivers winning advocacy campaigns for our clients and the communities they serve. We enlist experts, leverage relationships, and build coalitions to address some of the most pressing political and societal challenges of our day.
Our bipartisan firm brings proven experience developing innovative advocacy campaigns to win substantive policy change at the local, state, and national levels. With offices in Boston, New York City, and Washington, DC, we work closely with the nation’s leading philanthropists, non-profit organizations, and movements to substantively impact progressive issues and causes.
We are looking for a senior associate to join our winning team in Washington, DC or New York City.
This position will involve engagement with the Civitas team and the clients that we serve, providing the right candidate with direct exposure to big-picture policy and strategy development with some of the nation’s top political, policy, and thought leaders.
Some of our current and former clients include the Black Policy Institute, CityHealth, the Collaborative for Gender and Reproductive Equity, Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions, Center for Secure and Modern Elections, Inseparable, National Council for Mental Wellbeing, the Pipeline Fund, and the Trevor Project.
We want someone with a 360-degree view of today’s political and public policy landscape. The ideal candidate is highly versatile, with issue area or electoral campaign experience, as well as a strong background in project management and knowledge of tools and tactics to drive results. Experience on Capitol Hill, the White House or state legislatures preferred, as well as a background in candidate or issue/ballot campaigns, organizing, and coalition building.
- Manage client engagement, produce content and meet deliverables.
- Provide expert internal and external project management.
- Conduct research and have a strong understanding of legislation and policy.
- Produce strong written products, including white papers, policy briefs and presentations.
- Be up to date on current legislative and regulatory work.
- Provide project, event, and meeting support and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five to seven year’s experience with a track record of successful execution of public affairs, policy, or electoral campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience in project and client management.
- Excellent written and oral communication, advocacy, and analytic skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, shifting priorities, and meeting established deadlines.
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative and work and organize time independently.
- Strong computer, web, and technology skills (particularly proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Creative and out of the box thinker.
- Sense of humor and curious spirit.
- Excellent judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in law or public policy preferred.
- Some travel required.
Civitas Public Affairs is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, and diverse work environment. Candidates of color and of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Civitas Public Affairs is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “SENIOR ASSOCIATE” in the subject line of the email. Position will be filled as soon as possible.
Job posted: 2022-07-09