Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Associate, Client Partnership – Public Affairs
We’re seeking a highly motivated professional who has proven success in planning, developing and implementing integrated communications campaigns, with a specific expertise in strategic communications, public affairs and media relations, as well as general marketing experience. Candidates should be self-starters ready to provide analysis, recommendations and leadership, while also planning and executing work along with internal and client teams.
If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to apply for this important role!
WHAT WE’D LIKE TO SEE
Global Prairie is different by design. One part creative agency, one part data analytics shop and one part consulting firm, we deliver deep, innovative thinking – quickly. Because we don’t operate as a traditional agency in terms of process, structure or output, we look for team members with an entrepreneurial spirit who embrace innovation and are comfortable working with best-in-class leaders.
Everyone at Global Prairie shares the following characteristics:
- Community-minded and philanthropic
Strong candidates for this specific role will demonstrate:
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Innovative thinking and creative problem solving
- Ability to manage projects, and manage cross-functional teams
- Strategic, big picture thinker, comfortable providing real-time counsel to clients across industries
- Being a team player
- Discipline and self-starting drive
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Working with cross functional teams across all of our Global Prairie offices, this individual will be responsible for a variety of tasks, such as:
- Planning in advance and real time reaction to public affairs client challenges; and coordinating with a cross section of Global Prairie teams to integrate across broader plans
- Utilizing and nurturing relationships with media and influencers to advance specific project goals
- Development of communications materials and plans, with a focus on strong writing skills
- Managing timelines and budgets in partnership with project management team
- Overseeing client billing in partnership with finance team
- Effectively managing project execution from initiation to completion
- Leading project deliverables from project kick off to completion that are on-strategy, as part of a high functioning multidisciplinary team
- Serving as main point of contact to primary client for day-to-day communication and deliverables
- Helping to identify new opportunities for business growth
- Overseeing the development of new proposals and estimates, in partnership with project management
- Partnering with an integrated team to build new business proposals
Additionally, the ideal candidate must meet these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Integrated Marketing, Strategic Communications or similar preferred
- 4+ years of experience in communications, public affairs, journalism, digital marketing, consulting, or similar positions
- Demonstrated success in planning, managing and executing complex communications campaigns
- Experience connecting with communities and community leaders, building relationships and securing favorable brand coverage with media publications at the local, regional and national level
- Experience in State or Federal Government a plus
- Effective communication skills – long form written, informal spoken, and formal presentation style
WHAT GLOBAL PRAIRIE OFFERS
We are a purpose-driven marketing firm founded on the belief that business should be a force for good. We’re passionate about driving breakthrough results for organizations that make the world a better place. And it’s not just the work we do – but how we work – that creates our impact. As a Public Benefit Corporation and certified Benefit Corporation (B-Corp), we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency.
We are a team of smart, driven individuals who partner with our clients to create positive change. Our shared commitment to making the world a better place unites us. In addition, we recognize and celebrate our individual strengths and contributions.
Our culture is best-in-class. With generous, industry-leading benefits, supportive and progressive employee programs, collaborative office environments, and top percentile compensation packages, the culture at Global Prairie is unparalleled. And as an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), we operate as a 100% employee-owned company.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK CONDITIONS
The physical activity required of this position includes standing, walking, lifting, pulling, pushing, kneeling, reaching, stooping, talking, hearing and use of repetitive motion. Light work is required of this position, occasionally lifting or moving objects between 10-20 pounds. The visual acuity of this position requires the ability to operate a motor vehicle. This position will not be substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Learn more here
Creativity, great ideas and lasting impact come from diverse teams. Global Prairie is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted: 2022-01-12