Senior Associate, Communications & Public Affairs
Global Strategy Group
Washington, DC/New York, NY
Do you love politics, causes, and campaigns? Are you interested in communications, media relations, and writing? If so, Global Strategy Group is looking for you! We are seeking a Senior Associate to join our growing Communications & Public Affairs Practice. Successful candidates will have a strong interest in working with our corporate and advocacy clients, as well as a desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding environment.
- Research and draft client-facing materials, including memos, presentations, press releases, talking points, fact sheets, media lists, and social media content.
- Build and maintain media lists, draft pitch materials, and work to sustain media relations with reporters.
- Conduct regular media monitoring (traditional and social) and create coverage reports for a range of clients and industries.
- Assist senior team members in the development and execution of campaign plans, including communications, grassroots/field, and digital engagements.
- Contribute to the development of new business proposals and presentations for prospective clients, demonstrating the ability to think through a bigger-picture execution plan.
- Assist with managing projects, including taking notes in client meetings and on conference calls, tracking client deliverables and deadlines, managing task spreadsheets, and providing activity reports.
- Perform background research and create briefing materials for the account team in preparation for meetings and calls with existing or potential clients.
- Understand and appropriately utilize resources (e.g., online research, monitoring tools, other reference materials).
- Provide support and contribute ideas to internal planning discussions and brainstorming sessions.
- Identify and conduct outreach to potential coalition partners.
- Help manage activities of subcontractors/third party vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in the areas of communications, public relations, journalism, political science, public affairs, public policy, or other relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in strategic communications or public affairs within the corporate, government, politics, non-profits, or agency spaces, political campaigns, or a related industry.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using digital communications and social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, blogs, etc.
- Ability to advance communications and public affairs approaches, tactics, and strategies, based on the general understanding of client service.
- Team player with a positive attitude and the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with team members.
- A natural problem-solver with good judgment and ability to manage up.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work efficiently under pressure and maintain quality, detail, and organization across multiple assignments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Experience using media intelligence tools (i.e., Meltwater, Quorum, Muck Rack, social media listening tools, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience working with New York media, think tanks, and trade associations is a plus.
- Capitol Hill experience and/or knowledge of Congressional workings is a plus.
- Bilingual or multi-lingual abilities are a plus.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send your information our way!
When submitting your resume, please include a cover letter which highlights your relevant experience, along with why you want to be a part of the team at GSG. We are interested in candidates who align with our mission and want to contribute to our continued growth.
Candidates who match the needs for the position will be contacted via email.
Global Strategy Group, LLC
Honored to be named Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, we are distinguished by our depth of talent, influential clients, and winning track record. Battle-tested in the trenches of corporate reputation management and political campaigns, we bring unrivaled commitment to every assignment.
Our culture of independence, integrity, and responsiveness established by our co-founders two decades ago drives our team of nearly 100 smart, strategic, and creative professionals today.
Our clients—which include Fortune 100 companies, national political leaders, associations and nonprofits—rely on us for candid guidance and fast, effective execution. We provide a combination of critical thinking and on-the-ground results that many other firms talk about, but few deliver.
Global Strategy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At GSG, we are distinguished by our depth of talent. Our people are team players, straight shooters and problem solvers. We bring passion, energy and drive to everything we do. This all comes from our closely-held firm values, which have guided us since the day GSG opened its doors. We are committed to ensuring that our workplace provides a diverse, inclusive, and culturally rich atmosphere and are always looking for talented individuals to add to our culture.
We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion or creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state or local statute.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-21