Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Associate, Communications, Us Climate Alliance
The U.S. Climate Alliance is a bipartisan coalition of governors committed to upholding the goals of the Paris Agreement. The U.S. Climate Alliance Secretariat provides strategic, convening, analytical and other functions to support Alliance states in making progress on their climate priorities.
The U.S. Climate Alliance Secretariat is seeking a Senior Communications Associate ready to contribute to its communications efforts through digital/social media management, engagement, and content production; research, messaging, and writing support; event planning and staffing; news and media monitoring; and other general assistance.
The Senior Communications Associate reports to the Communications Director of the U.S. Climate Alliance Secretariat in support of Alliance states, and will be expected to work as part of a broader team that includes Alliance staff, external partners/consultants, and member states.
The Senior Communications Associate also supports and responds to state-led initiatives and works with the Energy and Climate team at the United Nations Foundation, which houses the U.S. Climate Alliance Secretariat, as needed. For more information on the Alliance, please visit: www.usclimatealliance.org.
This position is based in Washington, DC, but remote candidates will also be considered.
- Manage U.S. Climate Alliance digital/social media engagement, including developing content and strategy, tracking analytics, and amplifying state action
- Research topics and track news relevant to state and federal climate policy and action.
- Draft, design, and distribute an external U.S. Climate Alliance newsletter
- Support the development of a new website and regularly develop and update content.
- Oversee internal and external Alliance events including providing staff, logistical, messaging, and writing support
- Draft briefing memos, presentations, talking points, Q&A, press releases, blogs, op-eds, and other written material on specific issue areas and initiatives
- Represent the Alliance at energy and climate-related meetings and take timely and concise notes
- Provide administrative support as needed, including scheduling meetings and maintaining databases, records, contact lists, and archives
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College degree required
- 3-4 years of full-time communications experience
- Demonstrated interest and experience working on purpose-driven, public policy and/or climate issue communications campaigns and initiatives
- Excellent analytical, communication, and research skills
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, and persuasively with attention to detail.
- Familiarity with key media outlets and reporters
- Experience developing content and working with digital and social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and emerging platforms
- Interest in innovative, creative, persuasive, and engaging ways to communicate technically complex policies and materials
- Responsible, flexible, hard‐working, proactive, and committed to the mission of the U.S. Climate Alliance
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure and meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
- Fluent in English
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job posted: 2022-01-10