Senior Associate Director, Crisis & Litigation
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Associate Director to join our Crisis Management and Litigation Communication (CMLC) practice, headquartered in Washington, D.C.
· Supports a wide range of fast-moving crisis and litigation communication projects for high profile, globally recognized clients.
· Serves as APCO client lead managing workstreams and keeping track of deliverables against deadlines.
· Assists clients with developing communications strategies and tactical stakeholder communications plans to help manage crises and mitigate reputation risks for clients.
· Executes client-ready written deliverables tight deadlines.
· Supports the implementation of stakeholder communications plans, including writing first drafts of stakeholder engagement materials (e.g., holding statements, fact sheets, and FAQS) and engaging with key stakeholders.
· Supports digital strategy and manages all project media monitoring and social listening; analyzes media coverage and social media conversation; and judicial/regulatory developments.
· Provides on-site support for a client crisis or during a client trial.
· Acts as a critical liaison between APCO client lead and APCO junior staff to ensure client expectations and deliverables are met.
· Collaborates with an APCO team spread across multiple offices.
· Takes ownership of developing and expanding client relationships and developing new business.
· Maintains deep understanding of industry topics, issues, or news involving client accounts in order to effectively deliver strong and creative communication strategies that are relevant to their needs and business objectives.
· Supports several client projects at the same time.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
· At least 7-10 years of relevant experience in crisis, strategic, and litigation communication. PR Agency, business consulting, or law firm experience preferred.
· Familiarity with the legal system and legal documents is ideal.
· Exceptional writing and analytical skills and experience in stakeholder-focused communications and digital strategy.
· Key Traits: Detail oriented, quick learner, ability to work independently, responsive to a rapidly changing environment, work well under tight deadlines, manage multiple complex projects and priorities simultaneously, be a self-starter, take initiative, and set priorities.
· Solid project management experience.
· Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
· Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative team player.
APCO Worldwide is a global communication consultancy. We help the most innovative organizations adapt and thrive in this fast-moving, interconnected and complex world. We do this for all types of organizations, in all industries and in all situations. We partner with clients to guide them through a changing, complex global environment, enabling them to reach their business and societal goals. We bring our clients’ work to life creatively and digitally through diverse thinking and a campaign mentality that embraces a variety of integrated tactics to achieve success. Our work impacts bottom lines; creates and protects jobs; defines issues important to society; improves workplaces and communities; gains visibility for and gives voice to those who may not typically be heard; and much more. Simply put, our work is impactful, meaningful, and problem-solving or opportunity-creating. APCO is a majority employee- and women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named “Public Affairs Agency of the Year” “Best Large Agency to Work For” and one of the “Top Places to Work in PR” by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please apply here: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oXLI9fwj&s=Public_Affairs_Counc
Job posted: 2019-03-26