Senior Associate, External Communications – Investments
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
New York Life is seeking a dynamic PR professional to play a key role in its External Communications team in support of its more than $600 billion global investments business including its range of investment boutiques.
This person will manage the planning and execution of an integrated communications strategy for the US retail business, accessed through MainStay Funds and IQ ETFs, reinforcing growth in key strategies, value add programs and other global solutions. At this time, all employees are working from home due to the pandemic. However, once employees return to the office, one will be able to work from home (remotely) on Mondays and Fridays.
Key to success will be the ability to quickly cultivate important relationships with internal business partners including the Investments’ office of the CEO, marketing, distribution, internal communications, and HR, to manage PR programs that bring to life the value New York Life Investments delivers to its third-party clients.
The right person for this promising opportunity must be focused, yet adaptable and agile enough to succeed in a fast-paced and dynamic environment as part of a tight-knit team that supports an award-winning mutual fund and ETF business.
This role reports to the lead External Communications Business Partner for New York Life Investments.
- Work closely with the lead External Communications Business Partner to help manage the company’s investments business by developing PR goals and executing on PR strategies, while preserving New York Life’s corporate reputation.
- Collaborate with internal business partners and agencies to execute a calendar of strategic earned media initiatives that meet the business’ short and long-term business goals.
- Prepare and accompany spokespeople in all media interviews; produce briefing documents and schedule meetings.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with top-tier investments media.
- Maximize the reach and effectiveness of PR campaigns by collaborating with teams across the organization overseeing digital and social media content.
- Assist with crisis and issues-management, including legal and regulatory issues, M&A and other corporate developments.
- Monitor news and trends within the investments and personal finance space to identify and leverage emerging issues.
- Research and recommend speaking engagements, award opportunities, conferences and other opportunities to demonstrate the company’s thought leaders, capabilities, and brand.
- Manage workflow with the PR agency, including monthly reporting.
- Work with media trainers to develop key messaging for media interviews, presentations, and conferences.
- Professional with minimum of 5 years’ media-relations experience, and at least 2-3 years of experience in the asset management space, ideally promoting mutual funds and ETFs.
- Proven media relations skills and relationships with top-tier investment media including broadcast.
- Outstanding writing ability and excellent verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to deliver to multiple deadlines.
- Be self-motivated.
- Strong partnering skills and a collaborative approach to working with colleagues across corporate communications.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Exemplary attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in newsworthy investment trends, issues, milestones and events.QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.SF:LI-ID1
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 83444
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-06-05