Senior Associate – Health Policy (Location Flexible) (68381)
This is an incredibly exciting time to be a part of the Abt team! The Division of Health and Environment (DHE) is rapidly growing our domestic health and environment portfolios as we expand our footprint in these thriving markets. As we race into the years ahead, we will continue to serve as a trusted advisor to our clients in providing innovative, evidence-driven solutions that contribute to a healthier environment and the health and safety of individuals, families, and communities. We are market leaders in providing policy and regulatory support; advancing public health and clinical epidemiology; providing environmental science, natural resource management, and ecosystem restoration; shaping healthcare policy and health services delivery; responding to mental health and substance use disorders; and studying the criminal justice system. If you want to work in a dynamic and collaborative work environment that fosters professional growth and promotes a culture of innovation, thought leadership, technical excellence, and collaboration, Abt is the right place for you!
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, this position will be based as a telecommuter for the foreseeable future. Only when Abt reopens offices to all employees will there be an expectation that new hires return to the geographical office to which they were hired.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Senior Associate – Healthy Policy to support the Division of Health and Environment.
Senior Associates assume lead role in the development of new business. Direct and manage the planning, design and implementation of project protocols and procedures. Serve as the primary client contact and translate client needs and/or objectives into specific deliverables in a timely and cost efficient manner. Ensure that all research projects are conducted with sound methods and techniques. Senior Associates capably present and speak at client and professional meetings.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Direct and manage complex components of large projects or series of smaller projects with responsibility for budget management, project deliverables, client relations, and staff supervision
- Set priorities to ensure the completion of projects in an accurate, timely and cost efficient manner
- Assume significant business development responsibility for identifying new markets and sales opportunities while maintaining current clients; direct sales and proposal efforts in accordance with the Division’s business development plan
- Direct and establish policies and protocols to carry out research and provide technical guidance to less senior staff through application of advanced techniques, concepts, and methods related to a particular field of specialization
- Collaborate with peers in other Divisions of the Company to identify new research approaches and potential markets for those services
- Identify and recruit substantive senior staff and actively participate in the mentoring of Associates and less senior staff
- Take lead responsibility for employing a substantial number of staff members at varying levels (i.e., Research Assistants, Associates, etc.)
- Must have proven technical expertise
- Requires experience in business development and client relationship management
- Supervisory/staff development and writing skills (proposal development)
- MA/MBA (13 – 15) years of experience OR PhD (8 – 10) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-21