Senior Associate, Public Affairs
Your day in this position may include:
- Drafting key messaging, press releases, toolkits, talking points and other media materials for key client accounts.
- Proactively identifying storylines, developing press lists, drafting pitches and fostering relationships with key reporters.
- Conducting research and synthesizing findings in a compelling analysis.
- Serving as a project manager for key client accounts to oversee vendors / field teams, tracking and maintaining deadlines and key deliverables.
- Supporting event coordination and logistics for media events and briefings.
- Supporting the development of communications plans.
- Developing PowerPoint presentations for new business opportunities and current clients.
- Assisting in account operational activities such as preparing regular reports / trackers.
This job may be for you, if you:
- Have previous experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Have strong organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously working across a variety of issues.
- Are able to work under pressure to manage tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Are a team player with a can-do attitude and a willingness to work in the trenches.
What we require:
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in communications in a PR agency.
- Understanding of the communications landscape and how various communications channels work (i.e. digital, print, social, broadcast).
- Proven relationships with the media and familiarity with the newest media outlets; experience pitching press across a variety of issues.
- Interest in public affairs and policy issues; ability to synthesize technical content.
- Proven strong experience in writing and editing materials for multiple voices – including elected officials, CEOs, and other C-Suite executives.
- Strong understanding of AP Style.
Items to Include for all applications:
- Writing Sample & Cover Letter
- Application Questions –
- Questions specific to role as needed
Job posted: 2020-08-27