Senior Associate Public Affairs
Senior Associate Public Affairs
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 600 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
Our vision is bold, it is new and will require global top talent to make it happen.
The role will work on all aspects of matters of public affairs for Lilium. The company is embarking on an entirely new concept, bringing air transportation into cities, thus close liaison with governments and transportation decisionmakers will be beneficial to ensure our vision becomes reality. This means high-level of engagement with a wide-variety of stakeholders to support the development of our Regional Air Mobility network.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that is building on a green field and shaping the strategy of one of the most exciting companies worldwide. We strongly believe that our air transportation service is a true benefit for cities and people around the world, with low noise and zero air pollution, as well as affordable pricing, it will enrich how we live our lives and enable many more opportunities, as well as economic growth.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. This position will be based in Florida.
Your Day to Day:
- Grow relationships with partners and stakeholders in our Florida network
- Manage project permitting activities
- Conduct research, prepare high-level meetings, and work out written submissions and statements
- Use your local know-how to inform of our strategy and work with other departments within our company to develop solutions tailored to their needs
- Monitor activities of impact in relevent cities, counties and at the State level
- Attend interest group meetings, select committee hearings, conferences and other events
- 5+ years of work experience in transportation, public sector, politics, media, external affairs with exposure to top-level decision makers
- Strong network in Florida and Southeast
- Work experience and/or deep personal interest in passenger transportation and/or aviation
- MBA, strategy consulting, start-up, project development or other relevant business experience a plus
- Able to provide qualitative and quantitative analysis of state and local budgetary, policy, and transportation activities
- Strong academic background, especially in law, a plus
- Fluent in English; additional skills in Spanish and German a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills
- Familiar with transportation planning, permitting, and project delivery processes at the local, state and Federal level a plus
- Excellent relationship management skill and able to develop positive working relationships across different levels and functions
- Able and comfortable working in a developing, fluid and constantly changing company, as well as handling multiple priorities while constantly meeting deadlines
Life at Lilium:
You are joining us as we are building our global footprint. While the current COVID-19 restrictions mean that many of us are working remotely we are still making the most out of this time. Meet fellow colleagues via our culture sessions and free weekly yoga classes, or improve your German or English with our free language courses.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Candidates can apply via this link: https://lilium.com/jobs?gh_jid=2976523
Job posted: 2021-04-08