Senior Associate, Public Affairs
New York, NY
SKDK, an award-winning public affairs and political advertising agency, is looking for a driven, self-starter to join its public affairs team as a senior associate. With offices in Washington, D.C., New York City, Albany, and Los Angeles, SKDK brings unparalleled strategic communications experience to Fortune 500 companies, nonprofits, philanthropic organizations, labor unions, political committees, and candidates.
Whether it is creating a campaign launch video for a candidate, assisting a corporate client on establishing messaging around their corporate social responsibility strategy, or guiding a nonprofit through a crisis, SKDK is always at the forefront, leading the charge. There is no company better that understands the intersection of press, politics, and policy.
At SKDK, we are made whole by the diversity of our team. We are a firm that invites and celebrates the uniqueness of each member of our team and encourages individuals to bring their best selves into the workplace. Whether it is through participation in one of our Employee Resource Groups, serving on our DEI Council, opportunities to volunteer, or bringing a new perspective to client work, your individuality and experience matters.
As a Senior Associate you will work with a wide range of clients, including corporate, association, nonprofit and issue advocacy, and support the work of the firm to create deliverables that are creative, strong, and will help meet clients’ goals.
A Senior Associate’s job responsibilities include:
- Crafting communications materials including press releases, presentations, and social media content
- Taking ownership of various research projects that will inform client work
- Securing and managing coverage in local and national print and broadcast outlets.
- Developing booker, producer, and reporter relationships.
- Building robust media strategies.
- Leading the development of client call meeting agendas and notes to ensure accuracy and strategic focus.
- Tracking client deliverables and timelines.
- Clearly communicating with clients and account teams.
- Brainstorming executable ideas to promote clients’ interests.
A successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in-house at a public relations agency, political or government office or an adjacent organization that requires client management.
- Experience placing national print and broadcast stories, experience with diverse press is a plus.
- Strong writing and research skills with thorough knowledge of AP Style.
- A working knowledge of social media strategies for communications campaigns.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to effectively manage multiple projects and handle competing deadlines.
Please Note: This role is currently remote due to continued closure of SKDK offices due to COVID-19. This role will be New York City based upon return to office (anticipated return date: January 2022).
What we offer:
SKDK provides a generous benefits package including 100% coverage for health, vision, and dental insurance premiums; paid parental leave; time off including vacation, holidays, and sick time; 401(k) with an employer contribution, reimbursement for cellular service, public transportation benefits, and additional benefits.
SKDK believes in the growth and development of all our employees and therefore we offer:
Professional development and career guidance
Opportunities for advancement
Participation in Employee Resource Groups
A collegial and supportive office environment
SKDK is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any protected category.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-08