Senior Associate, Public Policy
Position Summary and Essential Functions:
The Senior Associate, Public Policy is responsible for promoting OFN’s public policy priorities to key audiences. This role is also responsible for staying current on legislative and regulatory policies impacting the CDFI industry; effectively engages the OFN membership in advocacy activities; represents OFN with federal policy makers, national coalitions, and other ally organizations. The position requires knowledge of the legislative and regulatory process, community and economic development, and strong writing and communication skills.
- Communicates OFN’s public policy positions to Members of Congress, Congressional staff, and Administration officials.
- Participates in strategy development and implementation of OFN’s public policy advocacy agenda.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including but not limited to Congressional staff, national coalitions, and ally organizations
- Monitors relevant legislation and regulations impacting the CDFI industry.
- Prepares policy documents, including position papers, and fact sheets.
- Represents OFN at events and meetings related to OFN’s public policy agenda
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief External Affairs Officer
- Bachelor’s degree or 7+ years of direct professional experience in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years of direct professional experience such as work in a national organization with an active policy agenda.
- Experience working with federal, state and/or local legislative and regulatory processes required.
- Knowledge of community development and economic development policy issues highly beneficial.
- Must possess a strong passion for, understanding of, and commitment to OFN’s mission, vision, and values. In addition, be a fearless advocate, who is confident and resilient in OFN’s fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- A collaborative team player who possess the interpersonal skills to work across all levels of the organization, humility, and a willingness to learn in all areas of our work. Be a strong team contributor, effective and comfortable in leading as well as supporting roles within teams
- Be a smart, quick seeker of knowledge with the ability to think strategically, creatively, and tactically to analyze results and assist in implementing plans for increasing capital to communities we serve.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate persuasively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks independently in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to define and set priorities, be self-motivated and take initiative for new projects and departmental needs.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and draft legislative, policy and regulatory proposals.
- Moderate travel required (10 – 15% of time).
- Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position; no extraordinary physical requirements beyond ability to travel.
Supervisor’s Title: SVP, Public Policy FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range:$69,000 -$80,000 per year commensurate with experience
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-23