Senior Associate, Research – Corporate, Public Affairs, and Messaging
Global Strategy Group
Washington, DC/New York, NY
Global Strategy Group (GSG), a research and public affairs firm, seeks a Senior Associate specializing in corporate, public affairs, and message development research to join our growing Research Practice. GSG works with companies, causes, and candidates to develop and execute memorable and effective public affairs campaigns – the individual we are looking for would play a direct and major role in conducting the research and developing the strategy to bring these campaigns to life.
Ideal candidates must have experience conducting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative research for a wide variety of corporate clients. Specifically, candidates should have experience in the following types of research:
– Corporate Reputation Tracking
– Creative Testing
– Message Development
– Thought Leadership
– Public Affairs
– Brand Positioning
Successful candidates will have experience:
– Producing survey questionnaires with senior level oversight
– Producing research analyses – both written and visual PowerPoint presentations with senior level oversight
– Overseeing sampling and fielding of studies to ensure accuracy and timeliness
– Assisting in day-to-day project management of research projects
Ideal candidates will thrive in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment and dedicate themselves to learning and understanding research methodology and the core skills required to do the job. Senior Associates are expected to juggle multiple assignments at any given time – whether it’s producing research questionnaires, deliverables or assisting with marketing and new business proposals.
- Work on corporate research and/or public affairs research projects
- Produce first draft analyses of research projects – both written analyses and visual PowerPoint presentations, with minimal revisions
- Produce first draft survey questionnaires and qualitative research screeners and guides, with minimal revisions
- Research and draft new business proposals and presentations, with senior-level support
- Assist in day-to-day project management of research projects and external clients in collaboration with colleagues. This includes keeping team on schedule, tracking project tasks, developing agendas, and taking notes on internal and external calls.
- Work with project teams to ensure our clients feel like they are our first and only priority by ensuring we respond to clients in a timely fashion, anticipate client needs, and continuously update clients on our activity and progress.
- Actively troubleshoot project fielding issues, identify and implement solutions and/or escalate to team
- Begin to provide strategic recommendations and contribute to strategic thinking on projects.
- Oversee sampling and fielding of studies to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- May begin to learn skills of moderating qualitative assignments, starting with in-depth interviews
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-4 years of experience in corporate research producing client deliverables
- Knowledge and experience with polling, surveys, research methodology, quantitative data, and analysis
- Strong organizational skills and desire to work in a fast-paced environment where successful researchers are required to juggle multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work efficiently
- Keen attention to detail and strong proofreading skills
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work independently and self-directed
- Ability and willingness to learn new techniques and methodologies, and apply that knowledge holistically
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Expertise producing graphical representation of data
- Experience with project management
- Experience/coursework with statistics and advanced quantitative methods a plus
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send your information our way!
When submitting your resume, please include a cover letter which highlights your relevant experience, along with why you want to be a part of the team at GSG. We are interested in candidates who align with our mission and want to contribute to our continued growth.
Candidates who match the needs for the position will be contacted via email.
Global Strategy Group, LLC.
Honored to be named Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, we are distinguished by our depth of talent, influential clients, and winning track record. Battle-tested in the trenches of corporate reputation management and political campaigns, we bring unrivaled commitment to every assignment.
Our culture of independence, integrity, and responsiveness established by our co-founders two decades ago drives our team of nearly 100 smart, strategic, and creative professionals today.
Our clients—which include Fortune 100 companies, national political leaders, associations and nonprofits—rely on us for candid guidance and fast, effective execution. We provide a combination of critical thinking and on-the-ground results that many other firms talk about, but few deliver.
Global Strategy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At GSG, we are distinguished by our depth of talent. Our people are team players, straight shooters and problem solvers. We bring passion, energy and drive to everything we do. This all comes from our closely-held firm values, which have guided us since the day GSG opened its doors. We are committed to ensuring that our workplace provides a diverse, inclusive, and culturally rich atmosphere and are always looking for talented individuals to add to our culture.
We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion or creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state or local statute.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-30