Senior Communications Associate
Palladian Partners, an Altarum company based in Silver Spring, MD, is recruiting for a Senior Communications Associate with three to five years of experience to support ongoing client projects. Palladian Partners is a creative communications firm dedicated to disseminating information about new discoveries in health, medicine, and social science to professionals, educators, patients, families, and the public. Our clients include a wide range of government agencies, such as the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
As a Senior Communications Associate, you must have the ability to lead tasks as a part of a larger team, organize and shepherd outreach materials and tasks through the creative and production lifecycle, keeping subtasks on deadline, communicating with staff and clients, and heading off problems before they arise.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Collaborate as part of a team supporting communications projects, including both internal communications for NIH staff and public-facing programs
• Research, write, and develop outreach strategies for various communications projects
• Communicate directly with clients in person, on the phone, and via email
• Coordinate and track the work of writers, editors, designers, programmers, and other staff in the development and production of a wide array of communications products, such as social media products, e-newsletters, videos, web sites/pages, reports, and campaign collateral
• Conduct brainstorming sessions to develop creative strategy for clients
• Review and ensure the quality of communications products
• Bachelor’s degree
• Three to 5 years of experience working on health or science communications projects, preferably for government clients or in an agency environment
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to organize and coordinate complex projects and keep them on deadline
• Innate customer service mentality and experience working directly with clients
• Ability to solve problems quickly and creatively
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Advanced MS Office skills
You’ll earn bonus points if you have:
• Knowledge of how to leverage social media or other outreach strategies to achieve communications goals, including outreach to population groups experiencing health disparities
• Experience with stakeholder outreach and partnerships as part of communications efforts
• Experience with internal or employee communications and working with senior leadership
• Science or health writing and editing experience
Palladian employees are highly talented and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for excellence. This is a full-time, staff position located at Palladian’s corporate headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on interesting, meaningful projects every day. Palladian’s dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Palladian Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-15