Senior Communications & Branding Specialist
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is seeking a highly motivated, strategic and creative Senior Communications & Branding specialist, based in Washington DC, who is proficient in social media — to support Boeing’s Office of Internal Governance & Administration.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Create and execute a global, enterprise-wide communications strategy and plan in support of Boeing’s import and export activities, including compliance, risk management and trade activities
- Serve as company spokesperson on these issues and ensure appropriate coordination with stakeholders
- Collaborate with a broad range of business partners, subject matter experts and other stakeholders to drive consistent, comprehensive messaging, and to identify and leverage opportunities
- Ensure plans and tactics are in place to help advance Boeing’s business goals and connect employees to the role they play in the company’s success
- Create and develop collateral and outreach material as appropriate, including but not limited to internal and external news stories, videos, web content, leadership messages, infographics, and social media
- Manage Boeing Communications policy administration and compliance
- Provide strategic Communications counsel to executives at all levels
- Support the Crisis Communications team as needed
Preference will be given to candidates with excellent writing and editing skills, media relations experience and strong project management abilities. The successful candidate will also have experience developing engaging, innovative communications packages and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years’ experience with producing, writing and editing multiple communications deliverables such as news releases, statements, RTQs, feature stories, speeches, videos, social media, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience creating and implementing strategic communications plans
- 3+ years’ experience working in journalism or media relations
- 3+ years’ experience partnering with senior executives
- 3+ years experience in a role that required Project Management skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications, Marketing or related field of study
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+8 years’ related work experience, 14 years’ related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-09-30