Senior Communications Consultant
What You Will Be Doing
Are you a senior-level communications professional with extensive experience (15-20+ years) and big ideas, who is also willing to roll up their sleeves and execute? Are you looking to work with a team of experienced, like-minded, and easy-going professionals? Wheelhouse Group is seeking qualified consultants to expand its network of communications consultants for future opportunities in the Washington, DC Metro area.
As a Wheelhouse Group team member, you’ll work on multiple projects/clients which allows for exposure to different opportunities. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team including professionals in change management, strategic communications, and program/project management. Our clients include federal government agencies, associations and other non-profits, and for-profit organizations seeking guidance during organizational change. You will create targeted messaging for each audience that is credible, relevant, visionary, and instructive. You will help to design innovative communication activities that reach key stakeholders with the right message to achieve the desired behavioral change. You will translate business strategies into comprehensive integrated, and actionable communications plans.
Our services include:
- Internal Communication Strategy
- Organizational Change Management
- Program/Project Management
- Message Development
- Intranet / Newsletter Development and Editorial Management
- Presentations / Briefings / Speechwriting
- Executive Communications / Writing
- External Communications / Media
- Campaign Strategy and Execution
- Branding and Advertising Strategy
- Event Design and Management
- Digital Strategy
Who We Are Looking For
Wheelhouse Group is looking for experts with 15-20+ years of experience in communications. In addition, we are looking for:
- A passionate desire to help our clients succeed
- An exceptionally strong work ethic, self-motivation, curiosity and drive
- Organizational and prioritization skills to manage multiple clients/projects at the same time
- An executive presence and experience advising and supporting top leadership in large, complex organizations
- Agility to move seamlessly from strategic tasks (developing strategic plans, briefing client executives on recommendations) to tactical tasks (preparing PowerPoint briefings and other deliverables, facilitating and recording meeting outcomes) as needed.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and a gift for creating briefings and documents that tell a compelling, relevant and data-driven story
- A flexible, positive attitude, confidence and the desire to be the best
- Experience in IT and technology deployment, HR programs, professional services firms and/or government a plus
Opportunities exist in the Washington, D.C. Metro area with some opportunities in other areas of the country.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-16