Senior Communications and Events Manager
We are the Partnership for Public Service, a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with a big mission. We’re working to ensure the federal government is dynamic, innovative and that it effectively serves the American people.
One of our signature programs is the Samuel J. Heyman Service to America Medals (Sammies) – also known as the ‘Oscars of government service’. The Sammies highlight excellence in our federal government and inspire other talented and dedicated individuals to go into public service. The program has been featured in national media outlets including a Full Frontal with Samantha Bee piece in 2019. Building on that momentum, we now seek a Senior Communications and Events Manager to strategically expand the impact of the program.
We have set the bar high: Our objective is to find the right person to oversee the strategic direction, planning and execution of the Sammies program, including an annual black-tie gala. As a member of the Partnership’s communication team, the successful candidate will also conceive, design and implement new programming focused on recognizing excellence and enhancing public knowledge about the great work of the federal government. We are seeking an experienced candidate who has strong event planning and program management skills, and who wants to help shape the direction of recognition programming in a dynamic, growing organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement and manage all aspects of the Service to America Medals program.
- Plan and manage the annual black-tie Sammies gala including vendors, guests, run of show and program content, printed materials and audience development.
- Conceive, design and implement new programming to foster a stronger culture of recognition in government and to enhance understanding of our nation’s federal workforce.
- Work across the Partnership to coordinate key deliverables for the Sammies program, including communications, fundraising, audience building, analytics tracking and relationship management.
- Manage Sammies program calendars and deadlines, budgets and workflow traffic across a wide variety of channels, platforms and partnerships.
- Ensure Sammies programming is focused, delivers value and can live beyond the in-person events in a variety of formats.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders; keep external partners (e.g. sponsors, vendors) and internal teams on deadline, providing creative input while ensuring they provide quality service and content.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in events or nonprofit management, public relations, communications, marketing or similar field, or equivalent professional work or military experience.
- A minimum 8 – 10 years’ experience in project management and event planning, preferably with nonprofit experience.
- Action oriented, resilient, collaborative, communicates effectively, drives engagement and results.
- Has the ability to think big picture and strategically, while also possessing the ability to take a hands-on approach and implement tactics.
- Has a service mindset; is a team player with empathy, curiosity and has a deep commitment to the mission and values of the Partnership for Public Service.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and to organize multiple and varied projects simultaneously.
- Can demonstrate success in executing and growing large-scale events such as fundraising galas.
- Strong experience with program budgeting and strategic planning.
- Experience using complex database software to manage and communicate with organizational contacts; experience using Salesforce and MailChimp preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY/REPORTING STRUCTURE
This position reports to the Vice President of Communications and may supervise junior staff.
If travel occurs, it is usually during the business day. Some out of the area and/or overnight travel may be required as well.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The Partnership offers a compensation package that includes a competitive salary; medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; long- and short-term disability insurance; a 401k program with a 4 percent employer match; opportunities for training and development; 15 days of annual leave per year, 10 days of sick leave per year, plus all federal holidays and the day after Thanksgiving off; and use of an on-site exercise facility.
The Partnership is an inclusive organization that fosters learning, collaboration and respect. We actively recruit for diversity in our workplace, believing that a range of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences contributes to our mission of revitalizing government. The Partnership for Public Service is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability; or on any other basis prohibited by law.
REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION/SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
Due to the pace of this search, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applicants seeking more information are encouraged to view the full position description attached and contact Walter Baker at WBaker@ourpublicservice.org.
Job posted: 2020-04-28