Senior Communications Leader
Bed Bath & Beyond has a 50-year legacy serving customers across North America and remains one of the most iconic brands in the US, with a portfolio that includes leading retailers in Home, Baby, Beauty and Wellness. The company is in the midst of an enterprise-wide transformation to rebuild its authority in these core markets by creating deeper connections with its millions of loyal customers and a digital-first, omni-always shopping experience.
We are actively seeking multiple Senior Communications Leaders to join our Public Relations and Communications team. The roles will ideally sit in our Union, NJ headquarters.
In these roles you will help lead a team that is responsible for designing, developing and implementing internal and external communications strategies, plans, processes and resources. These roles will support the members of the executive Leadership Team as we build awareness, engagement and excitement about our transformation, from the end-to-end modernization of our operations and supply chain, to the experience we deliver for customers in-store and online.
- Enhance share of voice across paid, earned, shared and owned media channels, via great stories about store projects, changing retail services, community engagement, technology investment and end-to-end modernization and transformation of the Company.
- Cultivate and maintain great journalist relationships with key national and regional titles.
- Develop strong partner relationships with key suppliers and develop content that drives awareness and engagement from across the industry. This includes (but is not limited to) press releases, social and digital content, speeches, Q&As, employee updates, briefing notes for leaders and talking points.
- Drive engagement with store associate teams, using video and marketing content to drive awareness, engagement and advocacy for changes.
- Coach leaders so they’re in the best shape possible to share the Bed Bath & Beyond story with members of the media and our associate teams.
- Work across matrix teams to ensure clear, consistent communications during major corporate events.
- Anticipate emerging reputation risks and develop and implement appropriate communication actions.
- Help guarantee that all communication materials are factually correct and in line with brand guidelines by championing our governance, sign-off and other internal protocols.
- Deliver an annual strategy and calendar for external speaking engagements for store leadership that will directly support the company’s business and broader reputation objectives.
- Collaborate with communication colleagues in HR, Corporate Communications, Brand Marketing and other related groups
- Oversee budget and financial control
- 7-12 years’ experience working in PR or communications in either agency or in-house positions
- Experience in retail or equivalent service industries preferable
- Tech, B2B PR experience preferable
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Political Science, International Relations, Public Affairs, Marketing, Journalism or other related field.
- Successful track record of managing new media and digital channels; and demonstrated ability to manage reputational risk.
- Exceptional research, writing, editing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong diplomatic, influencing and persuasive skills and service orientation.
- Proven record of forging strong and effective relationships within the media environment and with internal stakeholders.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-15